Ideally this DIY project should have taken me thirty minutes according to the tutorial I followed.
Which if I would've followed it correctly, it probably would have.
After I made her dress, which should turn out all cute looking like this:
I tried it on, and looked as though I was wearing a teal colored tent.
Which was quite unflattering on me,
so I decided to make it more fitting.
I had already followed the directions for the neckline and arms.
(which pretty much gives you a big rectangle sewn on three sides).
I traced around my maxi dress onto the fabric and sewed up the new sides.
And then added a strip of green fabric at the bottom.
Since it is knit fabric you don't have to hem or finish any of the lines.
Needless to say this "30 minute" project turned into a few hours, but I think it was worth it.
I wasted quite a bit of time before I decided to make it a more fitted dress.
Maybe now that I know what I'm doing I could do it in 30 minutes!