. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Addilyn's first weeks of preschool

September 15, 2016

Addilyn's first weeks of preschool


Addiyn started preschool a few weeks ago and I can't believe what a big girl she is.  Spending so many years teaching, it is weird to start being on the parent end of school shopping, drop off, notes home, etc.  If you've read my blog for any length of time you know Addilyn has always struggled with being dropped off somewhere, which was really my only motivation for sending her to school. I know it will be good for her.  But I felt incredibly anxious about it.

The first few times went way better than I thought.  She said goodbye to me and I left and she didn't cry.  Picked her up and she was happy and told me she had fun.  I was so relieved!  But the last few times have been rough. Not sure if it is the move, or just that the honeymoon phase of something new is over, but I'm hoping it's gets easier soon.  So hard for me to leave when she is crying, but the teachers have said she's okay once distracted and fine when I pick her up.

 chocolate muffins for her first day 

So far she's told me there is a song they sing at the beginning but won't tell me "because it's a secret and special." She told my mother in law she got a bruise from falling over and that "preschool is a very dangerous place." 

I look forward to many more funny preschool stories, and lots of growth from my sweet girl! 
 

Image Map

2 comments:

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I hope the drop off gets better soon! Too funny that she won't tell you the song they sing!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How is she old enough for preschool? Oh my goodness, time flies!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes