. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Five happy things

October 11, 2018

Five happy things

 tee: c/o shein   jeans: american eagle   shoes: target (goodwill) 

I've had a tougher week or so.  Honestly, this season has just been kind of rough and I feel like I spend a lot of time fighting off fears and paying attention to the so many things that I am grateful for. So here are five things that are making me smile today . . . . 

1. I wanted these shoes last Fall when they were twenty some dollars at Target, but never bought them. I found them for $4 at Goodwill, brand new at then end of the season. I love them and they make me happy. 

2. I had an appointment at the foot doctor today and had to take Isaac, which is often stressful and exhausting.  He did wonderful.  Forty five minutes or so in the room and he was happy and easy the whole time.  Major victory.  

3.  One of my favorite Fall recipes are those easy pumpkin muffins, made with a cake mix, can of pumpkin and chocolate chips.  Since I'm not eating gluten right now I wanted to find a substitute and made these.  They were super good and I made them for the second time yesterday.  I have no idea if giving up these food groups is a long term thing, but it feels good to find or make alternatives to food I love.  

4. I just finished reading The Book of Essie and I loved it.  Reading has been really good for me and I am thankful I've been making that much more of a habit.  I'm also reading the book The Gifts of Imperfections.  Totally a different kind of book than the first, but really great and has given me some really good things to think about and work on. 

5.  We've had some weird weather here like often with the start of Fall.  Really hot one day, insanely raining (hence the flooding in our yard), then cooler.  I am trusting that from here on out we'll be in real Fall weather and I am very happy about it! 


This cute tee also makes me happy and is only $11.  Plus you can use code katiejvale20 for 20% your order!  I hope you have a great weekend!!

Katie 
Image Map

2 comments:

Kristin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

These pumpkin muffins don't have flour. They can be GF if you buy the certified GF oats too. I've made them more than once.
https://brendid.com/no-flour-sugar-free-oil-free-dairy-free-healthy-pumpkin-muffins-recipe/

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love a good casual look - cute Kaite!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes