My niece and nephew both have birthdays in May but we were waiting until they visited in June to celebrate. I decided to make them something for their gifts and wanted to make Lena an apron. I saw lots of tutorials online, but I always think most of them look harder than what I want to do so I just made one myself.
Like most of my projects I didn't measure things, but still took pictures in case you want to make one yourself!
1. Cut out two pieces for the front and back of your apron in an "apron" shape.
2. Cut out a rectangle for the pocket.
3. Fold down and iron all four sides of the rectangle. Sew the top side down and leave open on your apron. Then sew down the other three sides.
4. Cut out two long stripes for the side ties. Fold them in half and iron down. Sew them alone the edges and along one skinny side. Flip inside out. (This is time consuming and kind of annoying!)
5. Make another strip for the neck doing the same thing. Lay your apron pieces back to back and put your ties laying on the inside because you are going to flip the whole apron right side in when you're done.
6. Only a little of each tie should be sticking out. Pin and sew along the edges leaving an opening to turn it right side in. Hand sew your hole shut.
I hope that makes sense! I know I fail a little at thorough directions, but overall it was pretty simple.
For my nephew's gift I made him a car caddy following this tutorial. I didn't print out the pattern for the car but just made my own, as I made it a little different size. I love how it turned out!
Now for the win it part! It actually has nothing to do with those two projects but it sounded good for the title. And I think you'll like winning these prizes more than the gifts I made. One lucky winner will win all this from my June sponsors. If you're wanting to be a part of next month's giveaway, check out my sponsor information here!
Delilah Bib Necklace from Curated by Kelly
$10 Starbucks giftcard from Hooah and Hiccups
Nordstrom "Botanical Scarf" from Stay Blonde Ski Local
$15 Design Credit to Olive & Ivy Designs
$10 Ulta Gift Card from Texas Mrs.
$10 Starbucks Gift Card from Sunny Tails & Happy Mail
Item of your choice from CJ's Craft Corner & $5 Starbucks Gift Card