. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Girls' weekend!!!

November 1, 2017

Girls' weekend!!!


Last weekend we had a girls' weekend in Holland, Michigan and it was wonderful.  It was the first time I left Isaac overnight, and actually the longest I'd been away from Addilyn aside from when I was in the hospital when Isaac was born.  I was a little nervous about leaving, but mostly excited to get away and spend time with the girls in my family.  The kids of course did great, and Chris was happy to spend the weekend with them.  He did text me one time saying that keeping the house clean was a full time job and he's even more appreciative of how much I do, so that's an extra win of the whole weekend. 


My mom, sister and aunt (who was visiting from California) left earlier on Friday and my sister in law and I drove up later in the afternoon.  It was kind of a long drive, especially with traffic on the way up there but I was happy to spend some hours in the car, talking with my sister in law and did not mind that it took awhile.  We spent Saturday having a slow morning, eating a nice breakfast, visiting with one of my sister's friends from college and then walking around this cute town.


We got to meet a family friend for coffee and it was so nice.  Sandy used to have me for sleepovers when I was little and I remember thinking she was the best thing ever.  Then years and years later when we went through all our fertility struggles, she was such a huge source of encouragement and prayer.  We'd talk on the phone, I'd text with all kinds of updates and she was just such a person of support and love and I am so thankful for her.  I hadn't seen her since Addi's baby shower so it was so nice to visit for a little bit.


We did some wine tasting, had a nice dinner and then hung out at the little house we rented.  We played cards and ate chocolate and it was wonderful.  I feel so thankful that I love the women in my family so much and that we all get along so well.  I don't know what I'd do without them!  I am so thankful for such a great weekend away.
Image Map

1 comments:

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a perfect weekend!! It's so nice you guys do this and good for Dad's to be at home with the kids and house solo too!!