. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Training with Mama

August 18, 2014

Training with Mama

Addilyn's onesie: Courtney Bock Designs

56 days left until the big day.  Part of me wishes it was next weekend, as at this point I know I could finish even if it meant I was more sore and slower than I'd be with two more months of training.  But I know the training is a much bigger process and commitment than the race itself.  Motivation is the biggest battle, as some days it takes a whole lot to get myself out on a run.  

Here's few things that motivate me lately . . . 


Breaking up my run into smaller chunks mentally.  For my 15 mile run I tell myself I can do 5 miles. After that I get a drink of water and tell myself I can do five more.  And then five more after that.  It is seriously more a mental game than physical for much of the run.  I'm well aware I'm running 15 miles, but by only thinking of five at a time, it feels much more attainable.  


Not thinking passed today.  My biggest struggle is thinking, how could I run another mile?  Whether it's after running five or fifteen, I feel like I can't do more than my given milage.  It's hard not to think about the next week's run and almost impossible to not think about the race day, but I try hard to think about just getting through this run and not another one.


This cute girl.  I know that she will not remember a thing from these months of training or from the marathon day itself.  She won't remember the mornings I was gone running or probably won't be interested in watching the race itself.  But she will remember pictures from the day and you better believe I will be telling her about how her mama worked hard to reach her goal and ran a marathon when she was one.

This adorable onesie is pretty good motivation too.  If I'm going to dress Addilyn in it, I sure as better finish those 26.2 miles.  Her onesie is from Courtney Block Designs, an adorable monogram shop that has all kinds of cute things from jewelry to kids backpacks and pjs and my favorite monogram lace sweatshirt (which is going on my birthday list).  Courtney has been wonderful to work with and she's offering 15% your order using the code LAURENFORLAUREN15.  If I could only make up my mind on a color, I would have already purchased this monogrammed baseball hat.


I can't wait to see her sweet face waiting for me at the finish line, wearing this onesie.  Even more so, I can't wait for the day when Addilyn wants to go on a run with me or when we can cross a finish line together.  She is pretty good motivation.    

Image Map


10 comments:

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That onesie is so cute! Those are all really good thoughts to keep you motivated. I totally do the same thing. You're a motivation to everyone else out there who thinks they're too busy or too slow :)

Lindsay Erin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love that onesie! I need one for CT for my half.

Alisa Marie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Awh, this onesie is adorable! That is so amazing that you're training for a marathon! What a goal and it's so amazing that you are going to do it after having a baby! You are an inspiration!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I swear she is just the cutest little thing ever :)

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You can do it!! Especially with such a cutie cheering you on! She looks so big!!

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That onesie is so adorable! And I'm so with you when it comes to breaking up runs in my head. I've only run half marathons, but breaking them up in chunks is really helpful for me too!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are awesome! You are working so hard and it will be such a great accomplishment when you cross the finish line and see that cute little face there, cheering for her strong mama!

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh how cuuuuuuute!

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

such a cute onesie! You got this! I can't imagine doing 26.2, I did a half and around mile 11 was thinking, how do people go 26.2. you rock!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That's just too cute!!! What a great cheerleader for you! :-)