. . . for Lauren and Lauren: When daddy is away . . . .

April 25, 2017

When daddy is away . . . .


Chris was out of town for a work trip last weekend and left early Thursday morning and didn't get home until pretty late Sunday.  I never like when he travels, but especially on a weekend because we jump right into another week with no family time (and let's be honest no break for me!). Thankfully the weather was so nice this weekend and we survived just fine, thanks to . . . . 

 Isaac's first trip for frozen yogurt
donuts on Saturday morning
and lots of coffee for me.
sleepy snuggles from this nap refuser
 a walk in the forest preserve
and a whole lot of time outside!
a stop at Grandma and Grandpas to see the horses and donkey
a trip to a new park, 
 and quite a bit of smiles from these two babes! 

Now just in case you think I think solo parenting is a piece of cake and all smiles, I'll let you know we went through McDonald's multiple times, I didn't cook one official meal and I slept about 4-5 hours most of the nights thanks to that cute little boy up there.  But I am proud of myself for keeping both kids, our dog, chickens and baby chicks alive and our house all in one mostly clean piece with very little tears from all of us.  So I'm calling it a major win and thankful Chris doesn't travel any more than he does! Major kudos to moms and dads that have to parent on their own all the time!



Image Map

1 comments:

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Minus the lack of sleep it sounds like so much fun!! And you killed the solo parenting!! Good job mama!