. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Black Friday

November 27, 2013

Black Friday

sweater: kohls   t-shirt: old navy  belt: H&M  jeggings: walmart  boots: dsw

My favorite day of the year may just be the day after Thanksgiving.  It is the day we go cut down our Christmas tree and spend the evening decorating my parents tree, eating pizza and listening to Christmas music.  

While shopping isn't our first priority on Black Friday the girls in the family do like to do a little shopping! We usually only go to one or two stores and of course Target is one of them.  We definitely aren't extremely early shoppers and usually go in the afternoon when the crowds aren't crazy.  (Although with Addilyn not sleeping much at night lately I may as well be out shopping!)

A few years ago my mom and sister started a tradition to buy some sort of holiday platter or serving dish each year.  It's been fun to add to my collection and last year we ended up going with a big white serving plate, since we started getting a lot of holiday things.  I'd love to get something a little different this year like these appetizer plates or this canister.  

I'd also love to get some Christmas presents like this baby doll stroller for my niece and this soft book set for Addilyn.  I've actually already taken advantage of Target's pre Black Friday sales I bought a few women's sweaters for gifts since they were 40% off.  I may need to go back and buy one for myself! It's definitely a good idea to check out the deals online so you don't miss anything. 

What are your Black Friday plans?  Are you a crazy Black Friday shopper? 

Photobucket

This post is brought to you by Target but all thoughts and opinions are my own.  Follow along at #mykindofholiday.

 

11 comments:

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My mom, sisters and I always go out shopping on Black Friday. Last year we started at midnight. I will not be joining the crowds that early this year. Planning to start around 5am. Although, I don't have too much Christmas shopping left to do. Have been doing a lot of online shopping already :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It's much harder with a baby now! I don't know if we're going... this child needs NOTHING but I can't stop shopping for him! (and the one on the way ahaha) happy thanksgiving love!

Rachel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I enjoy shopping on Black Friday--I don't usually have much to buy, but I go to help out my aunt or somebody slightly more ambitious. We've gone out very early in the morning before, but last year we went out at 7 am and the mall wasn't even busy anymore, it was awesome!

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Target's sale is already up online, it started SO early!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Lindsay said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

i spy SNOW :) Happy Thanksgiving girl! xoxo

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

yes I am in fact getting up at 5:30am tomorrow morning to go black friday shopping for the second year in a row. last year was awesome so I cannot wait to see what we find this year!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm at the office today, so no Black Friday shopping for me. I'd rather shop online though...it's just too crazy out there!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Everythings Always Sunny said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Loving your outfit!!

http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
Kristin xx

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

your traditions sound like ours. we always used to cut down our tree and decorate it the day after. And we are the same - we like to hit a few stores later in the day. Target is always the first!

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

your traditions sound like ours. we always used to cut down our tree and decorate it the day after. And we are the same - we like to hit a few stores later in the day. Target is always the first!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh how I loooove that belt with the green sweater!