. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Bible Journaling

January 21, 2016

Bible Journaling


I have always been a fan of journaling in general and go through phases where I love doodling and writing out verses.  I'd use that time to pray, meditate on the verse and just be quiet before the Lord. But lately I had been lacking in discipline and motivation and really missed that time with God and the desire to be in His word.  I got a journaling Bible for my birthday and some fun art supplies for Christmas and I am loving them.  I look forward to quiet time while Addilyn naps to use it, and have even had some successful times while she's awake.  

Here's the journaling Bible that I have: Crossway Journaling Bible.  I love it. The margins are really wide and there are light lines on all of them that make writing easier.  

I know there are a TON of art supplies and things out there and I want to try more. But these are the ones I have:
Sharpie Fine Point black pens.  (I want them in color too!)
Crayola Twistables colored pencils.  I love these!
Crayola Paint Brush pens  These are super bright and fun! 

My sister also got me a fun book with lots of help for ideas for journaling, doodling and lettering that I am using and loving too! 

Addilyn got some fun stamps and markers for Christmas and there's been many mornings I've taken them out and we both sit at the counter.  Given it usually lasts ten minutes, but that's a lot of time for a toddler and still great time in the word.  I journal in my Bible and she colors and we often practice her Bible verse for that week too.  I play worship music, and the times it's been successful we've had a great way to start our morning.  I think having realistic expectations for this part is important, and there have been plenty of times I've attempted "quiet time" for us and it's lasted two minutes or not even at all, and I need to be okay with that and try again another day!  I love that she is seeing me with my Bible open, regardless if it's short.  This is something I want to keep working on for myself and for her.  

I love finding photos on instagram or pinterest and using those for ideas.  So let me know if there is anyone you follow that share their journaling.  I think it's easy to go through phases where we struggle to be motivated to be in the word and it's great to find something that makes it exciting and motivating.  I know come March my days and routines will take some time to figure out and fit this in, but for now this has been great!

Image Map

3 comments:

Foxy's Domestic Side said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love it, just bought it for my mom for her birthday in a couple of weeks!! So excite for it to come.

Joy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Great idea.
http://budgetstylefinds.blogspot.com/

SuperStarNat said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I've been wanting to get into bible journaling. Thanks for the perspective of seeing it as a way to work on my quiet time discipline. Great post!