. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Working out when pregnant

January 10, 2016

Working out when pregnant


Not pregnant I am very disciplined when it comes to working out, most weeks working out at least five times a week.  When I'm pregnant that's a different story and I have done the best I could do, but with each month what I can handle has totally varied.  The first trimester and a month or so more I felt incredibly sick.  For most of the day, and as much willpower as I do have normally I could not work out.  I walked a few times a week if that, but that was it.  I think when you're pregnant so much is listening to what your body needs and while I've heard people who are nauseous or sick say they felt better when they worked out, I never did.  

Thankfully I had a pretty decent two months (if that) where I felt better.  I wasn't huge and uncomfortable yet, and thanks to medicine I wasn't throwing up and nauseous all day.  Before getting pregnant I'd alternate between running and workout videos.  I had done 21 day fix extreme from Beachbody for two sets of 21 days, and after that would alternate those videos with others to switch it up.  I LOVED the workout videos.  They were challenging, only 30 minutes and varied day to day so I was never bored or tired of them.  I can't wait to do these again this Spring!

I was really excited to hear that Beachbody has maternity workout videos, using their on demand feature and was so happy when someone contacted me about getting to try them out!  Autumn Calabrese is the one that leads the videos, and after doing 21 Day Fix Extreme I really loved her and felt the same way with these videos.  There are three videos, one for each trimester.  I didn't try these until I was at the beginning of my second trimester so I started there.  I loved the video because it was a mix of strength training and small bits of cardio.  

I am definitely a more anxious pregnant person and do worry about which exercises are safe and not, so it's nice to have a video that is specific for pregnant woman.  I didn't have to worry about what I should or shouldn't be doing, and watching a pregnant person do the exercises too was nice.  When I entered the third trimester I was excited to try that video.  This one was mostly strength exercises, holding certain positions and more rest in between which is definitely needed!  I also found a prenatal yoga video through Beachbody on demand that I have done a few times and enjoyed too.  

My working out has been halted a bit, as I shared some unpleasant symptoms during my last update that make doing anything physical pretty uncomfortable and painful, so sadly my working out is few and far between these days.  Which is hard for me, but I know this is just a season and I can only do what I can do.  

I can not wait to get back to my normal workouts once this baby is here!  I have looked through lots of the videos on demand and want to do them so badly!  It's awesome that using the on demand feature you can have access to all of the videos, rather than purchasing them on their own.  I only own the 21 Day Fix Extreme, but have wanted to try the others, especially Insanity and Turbo Fire. I'm pretty sure I'll be paying for the On Demand come April.  You get access to over 400 workout videos!  Plus you can get your first 30 days for free, and then it's only $2.99 a week and you can cancel anytime.  I think it will be quite a while before I'm back at a gym and honestly this is way more appealing to me.  Cheaper, lots of options and I know so many people who have used these workouts to get into great shape.  Definitely a good motivator for after baby! 


And I'll certainly need some new workout clothes for extra motivation, right?  I'll take these cute pants and this top from lolewoman.com.  I miss all my work out clothes!  Thankfully my cute tennis shoes still fit, right?  Not like they are easy to see anymore!


Image Map

4 comments:

Tahana Lee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I was naive and thought I would be able to workout exactly like non pregnant Tahana did but with adjusted weights... Boy did I get a big shock. I am like you and go on and off and definitely have to listen to my body. I'm almost in my third trimester and have only just got some of my energy back but it won't be long before I'm too big to do most things haha. Cannot wait to get back to my regular workouts! <3

Tahana
http://tahanalee.blogspot.com.au/

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm soo curious about the beach body prego videos. I'm doing the 21 day fix and I'm finding I have to modify a lot of the exercises, so it would be nice to see what is appropriate for 3rd trimester work outs!! M and I like to work out together, so that will damper that plan, but it's temporary!! I might just gave to try it come February!! Thanks for sharing!!! Hope you feel some relief soon!

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The on demand feature sounds awesome! I own TurboFire and love it, but I have kind of gotten sick of the same routines over and over. I'd love to check out the other Beach Body videos! And way to go for getting in any workouts while pregnant. I tried doing some strength but ended up mostly just walking most days!

Fizz and Frosting

Amy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Where is the tshirt from? The I'm So Pregnant one. So cute!