. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Addi meets Isaac

March 21, 2016

Addi meets Isaac


One of the biggest things I was worried about when it came to giving birth was how Addilyn would do and the details of where she'd be and who would watch her, and then how she'd be with bringing her baby brother home.  Looking back, as with most things, it was wasted time, as she did so well! We're so lucky to have lots of family around and my sister in law stayed with her most of the time, and my mother in law did some of the other.  It worked out so well to go into labor in the middle of the night and have him by late morning.  My sister in law came to our house and Addilyn asked when she got her out of bed "Is mama having the baby?"  Lauren brought her to the hospital after her nap that afternoon.  

I was worried how she'd act, and had read a few people's advice about how the mom shouldn't be holding the baby and should pay full attention to the older child.  I made sure Chris was holding Isaac when Addilyn came in and thought she'd be so excited to see me.  She came running up to the bed, starting climbing up and then said "Where is my baby brother?"  Saw him on Chris' lap and ran straight over there, way more concerned with him then me.  I was thrilled.  She wanted to hold him and couldn't believe how tiny he was.  


 
She kept kissing him and talking about his little feet and fingers and kept saying "I love you baby Isaac" over and over.  I can cry thinking about that moment and how surreal it felt that he was part of our family and that Addilyn was a big sister.  I also couldn't believe how immediately my tiny two year old looked like a giant and weighed a hundred pounds. 


When we got home a few days later Addilyn had made a cake for Isaac with my mother in law.  Carrot cake, which is my favorite!  It was so sweet and she was so excited for him to be home. 

Our first morning together as a family of four:


 Transitions are hard.  Especially when you're so used to your normal routine, like Addilyn and I have been for quite awhile.  It has been an adjustment for sure and we are only getting started!  But she has done so much better than I expected.  She is so sweet with Isaac, is thrilled to show him off and tells him she loves him so many times a day.  I am definitely having my moments of struggling with not having my undivided attention for either of my kids and missing my time and days with just Addilyn, yet wanting nothing but to sit and hold Isaac all day long.  It is hard and I remind myself that giving Addilyn and Isaac a sibling is such a gift and blessing and that they will both be better for it.  I still can't believe I can say kids now and already can't imagine life without my sweet boy!

Image Map

5 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is so sweet with him and I love these photos!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So precious! Addilyn is going to be a great big sister!!

Erin LFF said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so glad Addilyn is so excited about a sibling, they are both just precious. That video of her checking him out is priceless!

Kristen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This made me cry!! So sweet! We'll know the joy of big brother meeting baby sibling come October and I just can't wait!! SO precious!!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, she looks like such an adoring big sister!!! <3