sweater: rue 21 tank top: old navy pants: target boots: gojane.com
After seeing many pins on pinterest of sweaters with elbow patches I knew I wanted to make my own. Honestly the hardest part was finding and deciding on what kind of sweater I wanted. I originally was looking for a casual grey, baggy sweater but couldn't find a cheap one and figured with my growing belly a cardigan would be a better choice. And I found this one for only $6 at Rue 21. Which means I made this sweater for less than $10.
Here are the incredibly easy steps:
1. Supplies: sweater/sweatshirt, piece of leather, sharp needle, heavy thread.
2. Use a piece of paper to draw whatever size/shape patch you'd like. Hold it up to your sweater to make sure it's the size you want. Trace two onto your leather and cut them out.
3. Put your sweater on and put a pin where you'd like your patch to go.
4. Pin your leather onto your shirt and sew your patch on. I used a double thread to make sure it was sturdy.
5. Do it on the other sleeve and that is it!