. . . for Lauren and Lauren: A different kind of letter

July 10, 2013

A different kind of letter

 I've never doubted that Chris would be a great dad.  But since being pregnant I am so confident that he is going to be the best dad and that our daughter is so lucky to have him as a father.  

Chris has always been so good with our nieces and nephews and I really think he is probably the most fun adult to have around if you are a kid.  Probably because he can switch to not acting like an adult in seconds. :)  

Even if that means letting my niece "walk" him on a rope: 


Or playing with my nephew in the pouring rain: 


Chris was excited to become a dad when we started trying to have a baby, but I do know that all the waiting we had to do has made him even more excited and ready and I'm thankful for our struggle in the way I think that it's prepared Chris to be a dad.  

I'm so thankful for Chris' excitement and tenderness throughout my pregnancy.  I love when he gets teary eyed when he feels our baby kick or when we went and shopping for our baby the first time. Or that he wanted to go register for baby things and help put together things for our nursery. 

I've written a handful of letters to our baby and thought it was time he did too. 


Dear baby girl,

For many years your mom and I have been asking the Lord to let us get pregnant. We prayed every night that He would bless us with a child. Then, one day, our prayers got to change. We prayed every night that our baby would be healthy and safe through your mom's pregnancy. That baby is you!

I'm so excited to meet you in person and hold your little baby hands. You have no idea what a blessing and answer to prayer you are to our family. For a while, your mom and I weren't sure if we would be able to have our own child, or if we would have to adopt. Now I am sitting next to your mom, and I can see you almost ready to come out!

Over the past couple months, one of my favorite parts of each day is laying down for bed and putting my hand on your mom's belly. Almost without fail, as soon as I put my hand there and start talking, you start to move for me. I feel your little body parts, and know that you are real and that I'm going to hold you this summer.

I want you to know that we love you so much already, and we are going to spend our lives protecting you and teaching you about the Lord. We don't really know what we are doing, but if my past tells me anything, it's that God looks out for His children. We will do our best to raise you right, and even when we screw up, don't forget that your mom and dad love you more than anything in the world!

Love,
Your Dad!!! (funny to think that I'm a dad)

 Chris was trying to convince me the other day that as soon as she's born he wants to put her on his chest before mine because he's more anxious to hold her.  While I argued that would not be happening,  I love how much he loves her already and I know when I see him hold our daughter my heart will be filled with so much joy. 

Photobucket


31 comments:

Helene in Between said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh I am reading this with tears! This is beautiful. He will make a wonderful dad and can tell that he's an exceptional husband. What a lucky daughter!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

awwwwwwww, beyond heart touching.

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Okay girlfriend, you should have issued a kleenex warning! So sweet. And yes, he is going to make a terrific dad. My hubby just loves our girls to pieces (and they him...definitely daddy's girls and no complaints from me-I am one too!) Will continue to keep you all in prayer. Can't wait for baby girl to make her debut!! (on the 18th of course!)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Awe I just love you two. That little girl is one lucky lady!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

SO, SO sweet!!! Gah! Thats such a beautiful letter. Happy days and many blessings to you!

Annie L said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You two are going to make such amazing parents. Lovely post!
xo Annie
newenglandromance.blogspot.com

JJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My heart is melting...so excited for the 3 of you to meet soon!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is so sweet. You will both be amazing parents to that lucky girl!

Ginny said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay of this! It's almost time!!!!

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Soooo sweet!!! Just beautiful!! That little baby is one lucky girl! Love how he wants to hold her first ha!

Kim said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is just about the sweetest thing ever. You guys are so close!

Classy in The Classroom said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Okay the picture of him on the rope. I'm dying laughing. Then, I read that sweet letter and it brought tears to my eyes. You will be the best parents. That baby girl is so blessed to have such amazing parents. :) Gorgeous pictures.

Autumn said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Soooooo sweeeet!!!

Katie {Always, Katie} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We're still in the praying for our miracle (and saving for IVF) stage, and this just made me bawl. You are so blessed - as I will be - to get to parent with a daddy who can love like that!

Laura said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet! Almost nothing sweeter in the world than a father's love for his child!

Kerrie Williams said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

this is so sweet! I'm so excited for yall!! You will be amazing parents. That baby is so loved.

Desiree Macke said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest! I can't help but wipe away a few tears.
You two are going to be the most amazing mommy and daddy!

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love this! He is such a good dad! Already!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is SO sweet! Both of you are going to be such amazing parents! The photo of your niece and the rope cracked me up :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

queste foto sono stupende. Auguri.
C'è un nuovo Giveaway sul mio blog, passa e seguimi se ti piace, mi farebbe piacere.
Ti lascio il mio link http://annalisamasella.blogspot.it/

Vicki said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a very sweet letter! You both will be such amazing parents!!

Always Maylee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is SUCH a sweet letter. You two are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait for you to meet your little girl. :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Amber Nicole said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You two ladies are lucky to have him!
This letter just melted my heart!

I'm so excited for both of you! Being a parent is the most rewarding (and disgusting and exhausting) thing I've ever ever done!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness...reading this whole post with nothing but joyful tears in my eyes. Cannot wait to see the first picture of Daddy and his little girl...a bond that is so precious :)

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Aw, he's going to be an amazing father!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Kathleen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Mom's prerogative to hold the baby first!

Jamie LaFuze said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh, this just brought tears to my eyes. You guys are going to be the best parents, and I'm just gushing with joy for you!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is the sweetest thing! He really is going to be such an amazing dad! :-)

still being [molly] said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

ohhh tears. all of the tears!! this is beautiful.

Why Girls Are Weird said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Darn it, now I'm crying!

bonbon said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

this letter made me cry. So sweet and tender. You are lucky to have a guy who is so invested in his children. Congrats on the baby girl, I couldn't be more happy for you! :)