. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Round Two

July 31, 2013

Round Two

Nine months of pregnancy lessons couldn't fit into one post so here's round two.  Read my first post here

Nauseousness can come back at the end of pregnancy.  Eating a poptart after you brush your teeth will help.  But probably will only make your next dentist trip even worse than it already is. 

Speaking of dentists, going while you're pregnant isn't as bad as when you're not because they can't do x-rays and can't tell you about all the cavities you have.  

You may have the desire to tell your doctor that there is a real baby in your belly (as oppose to every other patient he has) and he should give you an extra ultrasound to assure you everything is fine.  

The emotional worries and fears are far harder to deal with than any physical pregnancy symptom. 

People like to stare at pregnant bellies.  

You may spend about two hours in the middle of the night thinking you are experiencing contractions and going into labor soon and then after going to the bathroom realize there is a good chance it was just gas. 

You will be almost as excited to see your husband hold your baby as you are to hold her yourself.  Almost. 

Getting your pregnant self tan is not as easy as you think.  Apparently the sun will only hit the top circle of your big belly and leave you with a red and even itchier stomach.  (Which makes for some funny tan lines on your post pregnant belly.)
 
Pregnancy weight gain is far from predictable.  You can gain 5 pounds one month and one the next.  It is hard to not let it mess with you. 

The waiting at the end of pregnancy can take quite the emotional toll on yourself.  The days go by ridiculously slow and as much as you hear you need to enjoy the time to relax by yourself, your desire to meet your baby and get passed the labor will far outweigh any desire to "relax." 

It is never a good idea to try on your shorts from last summer when you are nine months pregnant just to see how they may fit.   Nothing good will come of it.  

Photobucket

30 comments:

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOL (especially about the shorts...not a good thing right after giving birth either!) Love that picture!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your blog name caught my eye- because I'm a Lauren, too! I LOVE the first picture in this post. Precious!!!

Lauren
How Beautiful Are The Feet

Allyson McGuire said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those first pictures are so adorable! I'm glad y'all are doing so well!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

haha so true about the shorts...it can cause a meltdown!

still being [molly] said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

oh man i can certainly relate to that last one... these last few days are just dragging. and i can't WAIT to see my husband hold our baby!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cute pictures!!!

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha! I love this post. That first picture is so cute!

Erika said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love the first picture - so cute!

Ginny said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I LOVE the first picture, you have to scrapbook it! The trying on normal clothes totally cracks me up, I totally didn't think I was big until I saw pictures of myself.
Ginny

Lindsay said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am dying over these posts. Your the CUTEST momma ;)

Cramer Coffee and Jesus said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

wow! I took a blogging break and came back and you had your baby! ha. NICE! oh isn't parenthood AWESOME?! I'm telling you, (just like everyone else I'm sure) to soak in every freaking second because it goes so fasssst! I actually am finishing a post about why I disagree with the baby wise book - because I guess I believe in holding your baby and loving on them so much WHILE YOU CAN. lol.

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

haha! too funny, and so true!

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those photos are SO, SO sweet. You are adorable! I love the advice about the pop tart too, I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. ;)

Lauren
Fizz and Frosting

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The first photo is TOO cute, I love it!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Kristin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The shorts comment made me cringe. I can't even imagine. I am the one who still tries on clothes from college "just to see". I hope you're working your way back..and you really do look great for just having a baby! Plus, now you have that adorable girl. I'd say that's worth the shorts (which will fit again soon) not fitting right now.

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love those curtains!

I was never more in love with my husband than after I gave birth. I just couldn't get enough of him.

Mara and Jae said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

funny funny. and not at all funny at the same time :) so many of these i just read and said mentally 'yep', 'oh, yep', 'uh huh'....

the dentist part? not looking forward to my next appt (which will be post-baby). and the shorts thing? yeah, i've tried that with a couple of pants and even pj shorts, and it's just a bad idea. and i am pretty dang excited to see my hubby with our baby girl!!! will be awesome.

ps i love those curtains too - super cute!

Always Maylee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha I giggled about the shorts. I love the before and after picture, SO cute!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh man, learning all about the pregnancy weight gain roller coaster. I'm trying to just accept the inevitable!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Jamie LaFuze said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm SO happy to hear about the dentist visits being easier! Let's just say I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to the dentist, so not having xrays or knowing how many cavities I have just made my day!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Good lessons!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love the picture where your are pregnant and then holding your little girl...how precious. Also thanks for sharing as I was reading I could really relate to many thing you wrote about. Great post :)

Desiree Macke said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I did a picture similar to the first one in your post. Love it!
Great lessons. I was nodding my head to almost all of them. :)

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You have the most adorable daughter!

eliz said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

hahah I definitely didn't try anything cute at the end of my pregnancy..I could barely fit in my maternity clothes. haha Wonderful picture you and your little girl <3

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

SO true. And so agree with the shorts thing, I even tried them on twice thinking they may fit now better than 3 months ago. Dummy.

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet.

Beth @ The Goad Abode said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

These are so true! I totally agree about tonal fears being worse than anything physical you experience...it is crazy how your brain can wander! I loved reading this, Katie and congratulations on sweet Addilyn's arrival :)

Rach said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I need to remember to reference this list when I am pregnant someday. The last one made me laugh!

Janna Renee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

The before and after pic is so cute! I have seen those on Pinterest, but it's way cooler when you actually know the mom and baby in the pic!