This just about represented the mood in the Vale house yesterday from both Addilyn and I. It's felt like a long seven days over here as we've been without Chris for all but a few hours on Saturday. He left our family vacation early and we overlapped an afternoon at home and then he left for a work trip. Thankfully he got back late last night, and we did well for the most part until yesterday. Addi didn't sleep great the night before, woke up early, super crabby and had a bug bit on her eye that made her look like this:
Perhaps adding to her crabbiness, although I'm leaning towards more just a two year old bipolar toddler day. But man, I had a hard time pulling it together. I was ready to call quits for the day by 9:00. I can't really think of a point to this post, other than saying when the day was said and done it made me thankful for these things:
1. That Chris doesn't travel a lot and that when he is home he is a great dad and does a lot to help take care of Addilyn.
2. That I have family close by to come over, as they did a few of the days and play with Addilyn to give me a little break.
3. That hard days end and a new day starts. A good reminder that days that seem daunting have to end.
4. That I'm not a single mom or a mom that has a husband that is gone often. Those woman are amazing and I have tons of respect and admiration for them!
5. That it is almost the weekend and Chris will be home the whole time!
Hope you all had a good week and are ready for the weekend too!