. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Weeks 17 & 18

October 5, 2015

Weeks 17 & 18

17 week baby bump
18 week baby bump

Last week I hit 18 weeks, and it's hard to believe in two weeks we'll be half way there!  I'm feeling much better these days in terms of nauseousness, which is so nice.  I'm still taking medicine and am pretty sure I still need it.  Walgreens had some computer issues the other week and I didn't get my refill in time and felt pretty awful just about the entire day.  Not sure when I'll be brave enough to try again to not take it!  Most foods sound good to me, so I feel like I'm eating a little more normally.  I could eat candy corn and cheese all day long, but I could do that before being pregnant so not sure that counts as cravings.  I am still really tired! Some mornings I feel great and all pumped to have energy all day but come 12:30 I feel ready for a nap.  I'm having a hard time getting comfortable at night and am up often to pee, so I'm sure that doesn't help!  

I am so so excited for our 20 week appointment and can't wait to find out what we're having.  We haven't talked about how we'll tell everyone, and Chris goes out of town right after our appointment, so I'm not sure how long I can keep a secret!  I really don't have a hutch either way.  I think I say he more than she, but really don't have any idea.  We've talked about names for both, but definitely will have to talk more once we know.  I'm a little anxious for the appointment, as I just want everything to look healthy.  I'm sure I won't sleep much the night before!

I've felt a few little movements, but it's so hard to tell.  I'm guessing more rolling around that I'm feeling than kicks.  I can't wait to feel kicks and movement that I'm positive are the baby.  We have lots of work to do to organize the baby room.  It's currently a guest room and craft room, which means I have a lot of organizing and purging to do to consolidate all of it to fit in our basement. Hopefully soon, because I am anxious to get to the fun stuff of decorating the room! I think finding out the gender will give me some more motivation.  I hope at least!!

Addi is so sweet when she talks about the baby (most of the time).  She acts so proud and excited to tell people that "mama has a baby in her belly!"  She hugs and kisses my belly every day and loves to rest her hand on my stomach when we're snuggling on the couch.  I certainly have my anxieties about adding a baby to our family, and know it will be a big adjustment for Addilyn.  But I am so excited for her to love on this baby and become a big sister.  

God is so so good and we are so thankful for this miracle and can't wait to meet him or her in March!

Image Map

4 comments:

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Woohoo! So glad you are almost at the halfway mark and so close to finding out the gender!! I can't wait to see if it is a boy or girl!! What prescription are you on for morning sickness?

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

so excited for you.

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look BEAUTIFUL! Glowing. I am SO excited for your appt - you best text me right after!! Movement is so amazing. One of the best parts for sure of pregnancy.

Tami said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look great!!! There is nothing more adorable than the big sister kisses! My daughter is 2 and I'm 28 weeks. It melts my heart when she hugs and kisses my belly.