. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Dear baby boy,

October 29, 2015

Dear baby boy,


Dear baby boy, 

I feel like I know you so much more since we found out you were a boy.  I really did not have a feeling one way or the other and would have been excited either way.  Honestly, at first I think I would've been a little relieved if we had found out we were having a girl.  I feel prepared for a girl, and know more what to expect and boy, would you have had a lot of clothes to wear!  But since finding out, every day I get more and more excited to be adding a boy to our family.  I've found some cute clothes for you and just about every day go in your room and look at these tiny onesies and imagine what you'll look like wearing them.  

I painted a dresser for your room a few weeks ago and I love it.  I have been collecting some things for your nursery and I love looking at them and planning what your room will look like.  I still can't believe we're getting a room ready for another baby.  

You've started moving a lot.  I mostly feel you when I'm laying down at night, usually watching tv.  Your daddy has felt a few little movements.  I can't wait until Addilyn can feel you kick.  The other day she was hugging my belly and my stomach growled and she was convinced it was you talking to her.  It was so cute.  She already loves you so much!  

I'm so excited for your daddy to have a son.  He is so happy and talks about taking you camping, and hiking and all the things he'll get to do with you.  I can't wait to see you two together.  The other day we were talking about your name and he got teary eyed just talking about you.  You are so lucky to have such a wonderful dad.  

Your big sister is getting better at saying baby brother instead of baby sister.  Although she still often says we should name you Emma when I ask.  The other times she says "blue baby" for your name. Don't worry, we have some good names on our list, and I'd love to decide soon so we can all start calling you that. 

I still worry about you.  I have days when I think about what if I don't get to hold you come March. I already can't imagine our life without you and feel like you are meant to be in our family.  God is so good to give you to us and you are such a blessing to us already.  We love you so much and can't wait to meet you!  Keep growing strong sweety baby boy!

Love, 

your mom
Image Map

2 comments:

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet! Cracking up over the baby sister and Emma comments from Addilyn. Haha.

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

bless you, and that precious baby boy you are carrying.