. . . for Lauren and Lauren: What would you do with a mini chocolate chip?

February 10, 2016

What would you do with a mini chocolate chip?

sweater: target (non-maternity)   leggings: old navy   boots: dsw

Use it to bribe your kid?  Well if you're me that wouldn't cut it. 

The other day I posted in a mom's group about Addilyn's pink eye and the woe that is giving a toddler eye drops.  Torture for the both of us.  Three times a day.  

The first time went well because she didn't know how awful it was.  The second one.  Rough. Let me preface the rest of this by saying we have defaulted to major bribery with Addilyn for medicine and for her separation anxiety.  When she was one we had to start giving her acid reflux medicine and she was terrible with medicine droppers.  It was a nightmare.  It finally started helping when we gave her a chocolate chip after each time.  A full size one I should add.  

So we started things young.  Well a friend at church whose son also struggles with the nursery gives him and Addilyn a candy cane after Bible study and church each week as a reward for staying in there.  I've given Addilyn candy for all sorts of things, and she's well aware that's an acceptable reward in our house.  Whatever.  You win some, you lose some right?

So when some moms started giving advice on my post, one mom sweetly suggested that what worked with her son was giving him a mini chocolate chips after the eye drops.  I couldn't help but laugh.  One mini chocolate chip?  If I gave Addilyn a mini chocolate chip for a bribe or reward I'd place money that she'd throw it right at me and start crying.  

And to make it worse the night before she had a really high fever, Chris was sick and in bed and I was exhausted and out of options of trying to get her to take ibuprofen (let alone eye drops) and I really needed her to take it.  I seriously bribed her with a bowl of ice cream.  A small bowl, but a bowl nonetheless.  

So thank you sweet mom for your suggestion.  I only wish that was an option over here, but our unhealthy stakes are well passed a mini chocolate chip.  

Image Map

3 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

good question, lol

Emily said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh man, this post made me laugh! So true over here too! A mini chocolate chip would never cut it! I give her those just for a snack sometimes, haha. :)

Bria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We had to give addy eye drops four times a day in the fall and she actually bit me the second or third time.....
She got better by the end of the week we talked about being brave, etc (she was already three so she's a little older) and we gave her a chocolate piece the size of like a small truffle.... But in all fairness i wanted to know what she was going through so I put them in my eye and they stung!! It's tough but hopefully your week is getting better and your almost off eye drops. Also for some odd reason medicine is like crack in our house- they seriously love taking ibuprofen when we have to give it!! Does Addy take a princess multi vitamin? Ask your doc but we started at two and I feel that's been helpful with getting our addy to take medicine of all types, especially since we take all our meds together in the morning. And she sees me take mine- ok long winded!!!