. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Our sweet Molly girl

September 18, 2017

Our sweet Molly girl


I keep thinking about writing this post and then can't do it because I am still struggling to put into words how sad I am and how much I miss her.  We had to say goodbye to our sweet Molly last Sunday afternoon.  In less than three weeks she went from totally healthy as far as we knew, to finding out she had colon cancer and it got worse so quickly.  


I don't even know how to describe the role she's played in our family the last ten years. Our first "baby" and with us for so many of our newly married memories. She welcomed both our babies home and loved on them from day one.

She helped Addi learn to crawl and Isaac learn to stand. Her name was Isaac' first word. She saved me many mornings during the 5:00 hour when I had zero energy to entertain a crabby toddler. She cleaned up my floor a million times a day and chased my kids around the kitchen when I made dinner. She was part of our daily naptime and bedtime routine. Isaac had a permanent relaxing spot cozied into her stomach where I'd find him all the time. My list could go on and on! She was so easy to love and loved my kids more than I could ever imagined possible. I couldn't have loved her more and I can't even picture our daily life and routine without her here.


It has been a rough week since she died and I am not at all used to her not being here.  The kids still call her by name at random times, looking for her.  I expect to see her all throughout the day and look at the space where her water bowl was and it just looks so empty.   We miss her so so much and our house feels sad and lonely without her.  
I don't think you could find a more gentle, patient, happier or more beautiful dog. We hit the jackpot with Molly. We are so thankful God gave us ten years with the best dog in the world.

Image Map

7 comments:

sburton1130 said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh Katie, I'm so so sorry. Losing a dog is heartbreaking. So thankful you have these sweet pictures to remember her by. Praying for you and your family as you adjust!

Jen V. said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so sorry. She was lucky to have a family that loved her so much. Big hugs to you all!!!

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Thinking of you!! So sorry to hear this news. Molly seemed like the best dog ever. I just love that you have so many precious pictures of her. Your latest family pics with her are my favorite. I swear she's smiling in them. You can just tell how much everyone loved her.

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am tearing up. What a huge loss. So, so sorry.

Laura A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sorry for your loss. Hugs!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine the pain. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you guys so much. She was lucky to have such an amazing family. xoxo

Belinda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so sorry :( I understand your pain. We lost our sweet Sammie last Christmas after 16 years with us. Like your Molly, Sammie was our first baby and she was there to welcome all six of our kids home from the hospital. Life without her still seems strange. Our pets become members of the family and losing them is heartbreaking. Your Molly sounds so much like her. Your post brought me to tears. Praying for your family.