. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Nine months of Addilyn

April 17, 2014

Nine months of Addilyn


Addi Jane - 

This month has been filled with so many firsts! You crawl, go from laying down to sitting, say mama and dada, wave, clap and are eating some "people" food.  It is crazy how much has changed this month.  You do not seem like a baby at all, which is both sad and exciting for me.  You are still happy most of the time and love being around people.  You especially love kids and other babies and love watching them.  You smile and laugh when we walk past people at the store or whenever people come to our house.  Your scrunched up nose and big gummy smile is adorable! 


You've always been in the upper percentile for height and weight until this month.  We were a little surprised when we went to the doctor for your nine month appointment and you had only gained a few ounces and didn't get any taller.  The doctor was a little concerned so we have to go back in a few weeks to see if you've gained weight.  I'm guessing it's a combination of you being sick this month and being so distracted and not wanting to nurse as much.  While your self hasn't grown much you've gotten so much more hair this month and I love it! I can't wait until I can put a bow in it or better yet a pony tail!


You finally are using the big bathtub and it makes bathtime much easier for us.  You love splashing and kicking in the water and get excited when I just say it's time for a bath.  You love the water! You don't even mind when we dump water on your head and are happy to spend time in there.


 You love eating and so far have not tried something you haven't loved.  We started giving you lunch most days, so now you are eating two to three meals a day and nursing about four times a day (plus one time in the early early morning).  Nursing has been a little bit of a struggle this month as you are so distracted and don't like sitting still and will sometimes only nurse for a minute and sometimes not at all.  You also starting biting this month which has not been fun for me! But we are sticking it out and are going to nurse until at least a year!


Sadly you got sick again this month.  Thankfully not as close to as bad as before, but you had a bad cold, were super congested and even had a little fever.  It lasted about a week so we were stuck at home most of the days.  The only good thing about you being sick is you give me lots and lots of cuddles which I do miss!


The weather is finally getting nicer and it's been so nice to spend some time outside.  You absolutely love being outside.  You got to go on a swing for the first time and love it.  We've spent some time on our deck, you've walked around our yard a lot with daddy and it makes me so excited about spending lots of time outside this summer.


You've always loved your daddy but this month you really really love him.  You now give him lots of hugs and kisses too.  Whenever I say daddy is home you get so excited and you reach for him and want to play with him all the time.  He loves tossing you around, taking you outside and being silly with you.  


This month has been so much fun to watch you turn into this little girl with a big personality. It's so exciting to watch you learn new things and although I get sad that you are growing up so fast, I look forward to new stages and new things to do together.  I say it all the time, but I still have days where I look at you and can't believe you are my daughter.  We love your happy, cute, silly and wild little self and are lucky to be your parents!

Love, 

your mom 

P.S. It is getting so hard to take your pictures these days! I try bribery of food, jumping up and down, your daddy's help . . . it is hard work!



Image Map


18 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, she is getting so big - I can not believe it has already been 9 months! I love these updates, keep them coming!

East Willow Grove said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Skylor will be 9 months on the 29th and the same thing has happened with his weight and height as well as being sick. Glad she's feeling better!

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cannot believe how big she's getting!! She is seriously so adorable! I love that you write these letters to her.

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, growing so fast.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Adorable. Get used to having trouble getting her to sit still for awhile. I look the flash off and that seemed to help.

Christine @ Projects Around The House said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So stinking cute! I love the headbands you always put on her. Love the monthly updates and getting an idea of where my little guy will be in four months :)

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my word...9 months already! Seems like just yesterday we were joking about her due date!! She is just precious.

Helene in Between said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

how is she already 9 months/! time flies! i love your joy in these posts!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is getting so big! She is so adorable and seems like such a happy baby!

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a happy baby, until you want to take a monthly picture of her, isn't that always how it works? Yay for all of the milestones this month! My son was the same as A with the weight thing. He went from 45% in weight at 6 months to 20% at 9months and then each month after that he dropped some more. When he was 1 he was at 3%, it's normal for them to start to level off when they start to be more active and using up more calories. The way I thought of it, was he was still sleeping through the night, and not acting any different, so everything must still be okay, and after a blood tests and other stuff, everything came back normal. :) Happy Easter!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy 9 months!! She is such a doll. I love her smile!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is darling!!! Love that she loves outside and hates the carseat - exactly like my Beckett at that age. The car gets better...!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a big month she has had! Happy 9 month Birthday Addilyn!

http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can't believe how big she's getting! I swear she gets cuter with every picture... not sure how that's possible.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm really not sure if she could get any cuter if she tried, Katie!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

she's such a big girl! SO precious!

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love all these photos! I really wish I had taken photos with my kids when they were real little. Addi is growing so much and is just adorable!!