. . . for Lauren and Lauren: The greatest gift

April 20, 2014

The greatest gift


This last year I've been given a gift that I've waited and longed for, when God gave me a daughter.  I am continually reminded how lucky I am and how thankful I am for God's faithfulness. 

While this has been one of the greatest blessings I can imagine experiencing, without a doubt the thing that I am most thankful for, and often take for granted, is that God sent His perfect Son to pay the price for my sins so that I could spend eternity with Him.  

Reminded on this day of the price He paid for my sins and praising God for the greatest gift I could be given.

You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. (2 Colossians 2:13-14)

Happy Easter!

He is Risen.  He is Risen indeed.  


Image Map

8 comments:

The Girl who Loved to Write said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So beautiful. Happy Easter!

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

and your daughter is a blessing indeed! I hope that you guys had a blessed Easter!

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy Easter to you :) He is risen!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Being a parent brings so much more meaning to Easter and the sacrifice that was made. Hope you and yours had a blessed Easter.

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I hope you had a fabulous Easter!!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Lovely post.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Beautifully said! It's so important to remember that Easter is about so much more than the Easter bunny and chocolate. Hope you and your family had a wonderful day!

Lyndsay Almeida said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yes! Me too!