. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Best Idea Take 2

September 2, 2014

Best Idea Take 2

first birthday book

When Addilyn was born we bought the book On the Night you were Born, to the hospital and had visitors sign it with a note to Addi, and we kept it around our house for awhile too for guests to sign when they came to meet her.  I'm still quite impressed that in my delirious state after labor I remembered to tell Chris to get the book and had the nurse put Addi's little foot prints on the back page.  Besides actually giving birth it was the best thing I did those few days.  I love that book and love reading all the sweet notes our friends and family wrote and known someday Addilyn will appreciate it just as much! 


I wanted to do something similar for her birthday and picked the book Guess How Much I Love You. It's a super sweet story and I had guests to the same thing.  Write a little note to Addilyn on her first birthday.  

guest book first birthday
first birthday book

 It took me way too long to actually put her footprints in there and we went WAY to paint heavy but oh well.  The feet are there and I love it.  I love that we have another book filled with notes from people that love our sweet girl.  It will be so fun to read this book over and over.


Image Map


14 comments:

Kathleen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea, Katie! I am pregnant with twins and will have to remember it when my babies are born. I've seen something similar done as the kids grow up/become school aged that I thought you would like too. The parents bought a copy of Dr. Seuss's book, Oh the Places You'll Go, and had every teacher write a note at the end of that academic year (without the child knowing, I believe). The parents gave it to the child for graduation.

Kathleen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea, Katie! I am pregnant with twins and will have to remember it when my babies are born. I've seen something similar done as the kids grow up/become school aged that I thought you would like too. The parents bought a copy of Dr. Seuss's book, Oh the Places You'll Go, and had every teacher write a note at the end of that academic year (without the child knowing, I believe). The parents gave it to the child for graduation.

Alyssa said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Totally taking your idea! You are so cleaver!!

Sharlee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I wish I had done that when JaiseAnn was born... It's SUCH a good idea. I will be stealing it for her first birthday, though!!!

Nicole M. Hutchison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ahhhhhhh I love this idea!!!!!! I have a book that lots of folks signed at one of my baby showers so this would be super easy to repeat at Kamden's first birthday in December. I am in LOVE with the footprints too. I"m definitely doing this, thank you for sharing! :)

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such an adorable idea :)

Lauren Smisko said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I absolutely love this idea! I tend to go overboard on birthdays but for the first birthday we stick to family only. This will make such a great keepsake. I pinned this and I will definitely be doing this for my youngest.

Betty said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I absolutely LOVE this idea...and plan on using it in about a month when our daughter makes her debut! Thanks for sharing!!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great idea! I wonder if my 10-year old would let me get his foot prints still!! ;)

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I do the same thing with my boys each birthday, and I love looking back at the notes. This is such a treasure!

Head to Toe Chic said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is such an amazing idea!!! I absolutely love it!

xo,
Angela

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I absolutely love this! I am a huge book lover, and for my baby shower each guest brought a favourite book from their childhood and wrote a message in it for Milla to fill her nursery bookshelf - these are my favourite gifts from that time. Milla turns one in less than two weeks (eek!!) and I had thought of this same idea as a "guest book" on the day, but wasn't sure of which book to choose. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea, but I think "guess how much I love you" is definitely my pick now!! Thanks for sharing :)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea!! We aren't allowed visitors other than grandparents But I think I'm gonna do this for her birthday party!! Thank you.

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great idea! My daughters 1st birthday is coming up next week and her party next weekend, might have to steal this!