. . . for Lauren and Lauren: My best idea yet

September 25, 2013

My best idea yet

on the night you were born

I know I mentioned this book before Addilyn was born, but I have to share how we used it because I'm pretty sure it's been my best idea in terms of baby projects or presents for Addilyn.  The first time I read this book in Barnes and Noble I cried.  You can partially blame it on hormones but it also is the sweetest book I've ever read. 

We brought the book to the hospital, along with a permanent marker, so that visitors could write a note to Addilyn on the pages.  The book is now filled with sweet messages from family and friends that love Addilyn so much!

signed baby book at hospital

My favorite part of the book is that we had the nurse put her footprints on the last page.  I was quite impressed that in my post tramatic birthing state, I remembered to ask Chris to get the book out while they were doing her footprints.

Sadly a few of her toes started smudging so I bought some sealer spray and that has seemed to work! I'm so glad that we have this book.  We already read it many nights before bed time and I still get teary eyed once in awhile.  I get excited thinking about Addiyn being able to read and understand how many people were so excited to met her!

footprints and signature for baby book



Photobucket

19 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is SUCH a cute idea!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Savanna said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is such an awesome idea. So special!

Courtney Kassner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Funny you posted this....I just got this book in the mail today for the same reason! I can't wait! Now I wonder if I'll be able to remember the footprints!

Sara said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I LOVE this book! What a fantastic idea that I am totally stealing for when my best friend has her baby.

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Her feet came out cute. We had the nurses do the same thing with the same book and one of his feet looks like a big blob!

Breenah A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is such a good idea!!!

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea & I'm stealing it for whenever Jesus blesses us with our baby. I hope that's okay ;)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

THIS IS AWESOME! Ive heard of doing this at a shower but never at the hospital! Such a neat idea!

Desiree Macke said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is our FAVORITE bedtime book! We've been reading it every single night for the last 18 months. And, I still get teary eyed reading it.
I LOVE the idea of guests signing the book and the footprints at the end. I may have to borrow that idea if/when we have another baby.

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Aw I LOVE this idea!!!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea so much Katie!
I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about how wonderful it will be for Addilyn to read all those sweet notes when she gets older.

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

that really was a great idea. she will cherish that forever. and the book i'll love you forever still makes me cry every time i read it. even thinking about it now...

Lindsay Erin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a precious idea! She will cherish that later in life.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great idea. You will cherish that forever.


Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

The Frisbees said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE this idea - might have to steal it! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We have this book but what a great idea! Maybe I'lll do this for Miss P :)

Betty said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this idea!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great idea to do with the book. I love it!!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What an absolutely adorable idea! You'll definitely cherish that forever!