. . . for Lauren and Lauren: How to spell pumpkins and two super simple projects

September 16, 2013

How to spell pumpkins and two super simple projects


I've finally done not one but two craft projects since Addilyn was born.  Both super easy!  The chalkboard one would've been even easier if I knew how to spell pumpkin.
yes. I plan on getting some pupkins this year. 


Thank goodness it was easily fixed.  I originally bought a chalkboard pen to use but it didn't work.  Regular, cheap chalk worked so much better.  


Next is the banner, which honestly took less than ten minutes.  
Which is about the time Addilyn was entertained on her play mat next to me. 
Here are the super simple directions. 


All you need is some burlap, stickers, twine and sharp scissors.  


Cut out 9 triangles (or however many you want.)
I realize that this is a terrible place to take pictures but I was a little stuck as this was next to me. 
And we weren't going to waste anytime moving somewhere else. 


 Sew your triangles to your twine or rope.  You could probably use a hot glue gun as well but with burlap, glue gets quite messy and it was easy to sew. 


Then put your stickers on and hang it up.  And that's it! 


Now it's time to get out the rest of my Fall decorations! I love this time of year!


Photobucket

24 comments:

Chrissy + Nate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute!!! That banner is precious and you can't even tell you messed up the first time ;) Have a good week!

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

SO cute! Love the burlap banner!!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your stuff always looks so cute!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Jodi said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Very cute! I'm impressed you found time for arts and crafts while being a busy mom!

Krystina Marie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So adorable!! Now I'm wondering where I can put a seasonal list at my house... Thanks for getting my creative wheels turning!
*Krystina
By the Seat of My Shorts

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Very cute! Go Crafty Momma go!

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You amaze me! Great job momma.

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love the little triangles, what cute idea!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Jamie LaFuze said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE your banner! I keep wanting to make one that says "Give Thanks". You just might be my inspiration!

JulieAnn said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Girl, you're as gorgeous as ever! But I totally understand the feeling :(

And I love that you're online at crazy times. Usually we're so far behind time-zone-wise that no one likes my posts until morning unless they're mid-night nursing!

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

If I was crafty, I would so do these! super cute! thanks for sharing!

Rachel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

haha--I've seen 'pumkin' before but never 'pupkin'! Great job--It's always fun to accomplish a few new crafts!

Miranda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That welcome banner is about the cutest decoration I've seen!

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the little banner!! I want to make something similar but bigger for our corn maze!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha, pupkins! The chalkboard came out so cute!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cute!! I have plans to make a banner this weekend! Watch out JoAnns, here I come!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ooo... Super cute!!! I have to be honest, though, I hold out for fall decorations until October 1st.

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love this, that chalkboard is ADORABLE!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Alisa Marie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love your burlap banner!! I have been wanting to make one, but haven't got around to it yet! Plus, I can't sew :( so jealous that you can!!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That Burlap Banner is adorable. Too bad I have no clue how to sew LOL

cecylia.com said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

that's so cute! Thank you for inspiring us, now I just need to learn to sew :D

Betty said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ok, you're inspiring me to get crafting! Love the chalkboard!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love the chalkboard and the banner, really cute! You inspire me to break out my craft box, fall is my favorite season and I haven't even started anything.

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

OK, you just made banner making sooooo much more simple for me...I have remnants of paint still in my grout from my 4th of July banner haha..love all of the decor!