. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Opposites attract

September 9, 2013

Opposites attract


I know I've said it many times before but Chris and I couldn't be more opposite.  I could make quite the list about ways that we are so different.  I think that a lot of couples can relate to that.  Which is why sometimes buying gifts for couples can be challenging since they are so different.

You can believe how excited I was when I was contacted by Target Wedding to help interpret their theme of "Be Yourself, Together."  Just like two people who are very different can work well together, the same can apply for two gifts.  They seem separate on their own, but together can create something more.  


When I checked out some registry items, I knew just the thing that could represent how different Chris and I are, but how we work well together.  A bicycle and running clothes.  


When I was training for the marathon our first year of marriage I would have loved it if Chris ran it will me.  Or even ran a few of my training runs with me.  However he is definitely not a fan of running.  Actually sweating in general.  Here's a picture from the Chicago marathon.  What gives it away that Chris isn't actually running the marathon.  His chunky shoes, khaki shorts or that he is just too happy to be on mile 18?

While he wouldn't run it with me, he did want to support me as I was training.  So he decided he would bike next to me while I ran.   It definitely didn't seem fair for him to be biking so easily and slowly, next to my attempt at fast running, but it was really appreciated.  

So while he may not be a runner and I may not enjoy biking, the two go quite well together.  And what girl wouldn't be happy opening some clothes as a wedding gift, right?  

Photobucket

This post is brought to you by Target, but all opinions and content are my own.  Follow along with #TargetWedding. 




24 comments:

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Go job! And, Chris sounds like my hubby. All for encouraging...just don't ask him to participate. LOL

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha, that marathon picture is great! Every other runner is just like, "nope, not happy." Love it.

Chrissy + Nate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love that marathon photo! What a swell guy to still support you even though running isn't his jam... It's not mine either!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That photo is awesome!! So cute.

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Nice post.

Hima Rajana said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love that picture of you two at the marathon! I think it might be the crazy smile and the fact that he's taking the energy to wave at the camera instead of putting it all into running ;)

xo, Hima
Hima Hearts

Cassandra Too said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That sound like a lovely lovestory between 2 different person! :D

Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


cassandra xx
http://backtofive.blogspot.com

Curious Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hehe, so cool. My husband and i are a bit like that although he does like to work out, he just does NOT like to run :)
And yay for getting back into exercise, love the outfit xx

Charming Lucy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So adorable! I think it is great when you have a spouse who has different interests than you. It makes things more exciting! You look great - and happy! susan

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My hubby and I are very different as well. Luckily he is a runner like me. Without him, I don't think I would have ever even signed up for my first half marathon! :)

Helene in Between said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

umm this is soooo cool!!! and how great of him to support you!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My hubby and I are total opposites too...we like to joke that we have nothing in common, haha!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Annie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That last photo is too cute! And I think it makes married life more interesting to be opposites :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

1. Off topic, but I need a couple of those tunic hoodies in my closet..how cute and comfy at the same time?! 2. Aaron is the same way....we could not be more opposite, but I have no doubt in saying that is by far my #1 fan and supporter. :) Love the marathon picture of you two..its perfect!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha that picture is priceless! I love how he jumped in!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is too freaking cute! Opposites do attract! I love that last picture!

xxS

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Isn't it cool how we can support each other even when we don't both have a passion for something? I think that's one huge thing I love about marriage!

Lindsay Erin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We are the same way! He supports me and takes pictures at different points throughout the race and I run. :o)

Janna Renee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is awesome! We both like to run, but I can't keep up with Will, so I bike or rollerblade if I want to keep up ;)

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My husband and I are also very opposite in some ways. I think it makes for a good mix though!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Thank you for sharing this...I think it's so important for couples to support one another and your story shared that. I love the picture of you and Chris, really cute. Awesome job running!!! I couldn't do that but have a lot of respect for people who can :)

Valerie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is so wonderful! Your story is SO similar to me and my husband-- love it! Congrats on completing the marathon...and having your husband's support!
Valerie
www.the-style-files.com

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I wish Jordan ran with me too. Silly boys are missing out!

Classy in The Classroom said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha! At least he was with you cheering you on while you ran! That's great! :)