. . . for Lauren and Lauren: 10 more to go!

December 30, 2015

10 more to go!


10 more weeks to go!  That sounds both incredibly close and really far away.  To think of 10 weeks left to feel ready for a baby, to cherish the time as a family of three and to enjoy the routine and predictability of our life right now does not sound like enough.  But to think of 10 more weeks of being pregnant, my belly stretching and waiting to meet our sweet baby boy sounds like a lot!  

After Thanksgiving I felt really crampy and achy, which made me really anxious.  I think it was a combination of not drinking enough water and just moving a lot more from one thing to the next.  I was a little anxious for the same thing to happen around Christmas, but I made sure to drink a ton of water, and we actually had a more lower key Christmas than normal and were home more than planned which was really nice.  It's crazy to think that next year we'll have a nine month old at Christmas!  

I'm feeling very pregnant.  It's hard to put on my boots or pick things up, or turn over in bed.  I get a little nervous thinking about nine more weeks of a growing belly!  Some nights I sleep pretty decently, meaning I only get up to pee once or twice and fall asleep relatively fast.  Others it takes me forever to fall asleep and I'm up six or more times.  

I debated writing this because well, it's disturbing and personal.  But I can't pretend it isn't happening. I won't go into detail but if you're interested read this and think about a bad case of it.  Or don't.  That is what is going on and it's terribly uncomfortable and disgusting.  And the only remedy is ice often and keep my feet up.  So if you come to my house and Addi grabs you an ice pack and puts in by your crotch don't be offended. That's a normal scene around here.  

I know I have time but I'm starting to get anxious about the logistics of labor.  When it will be, what it will look like, what my recovery will be like.  I'm just trying hard to not think too much about it because I know I can't control any of it.  I am a little more anxious as I worry about Addi, how she'll do while we're gone and what that will look like depending on the time of day when it happens.  I'm feeling much more emotional lately and lots of things can make me cry.  Happy tears, anxious tears, tired tears.  They're all over the place!  

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the reality that a newborn will be here in ten weeks. I can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like, and hold and snuggle him.  It still amazes me that I'm pregnant and that we will be a family of four soon! 

Image Map

8 comments:

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

One of my best friends is a week ahead of you! Babies :) you can make it! Single digits soon!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Our bodies do the craziest things when pregnant! Hoping you feel relief soon! Our transition to two gas been relatively good, but I'm super thankful for family who can step in and give Grant attention when I can't. Winter break is a hard time to adjust to a baby, it's too cold to go anywhere or for Grant to play outside. At least it'll start to warm up when your little one is born, I think that will help make it easier.

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ugh I couldn't even bare to imagine... Hope you find relief soon!! Can't believe only 10 more weeks!! Crazy I haven't even thought of how much longer I have haha. My cousin is due 2 weeks before me and when she said 12 weeks to go, I was like shit.. I only have 14 lol

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, so close, I can not wait to meet him!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes



Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I have to say, I love that we are so close in our pregnancies, I love reading your updates! I swear I could write them myself, even the part that you didn't quite want to write out all the way haha. It's terrible!! No one ever warned me that could happen LOL! I also have the worst time rolling over in bed and cannot imagine how much worse it will get in 10 more weeks time. I swear I'm bigger now than I was the whole time that I was pregnant the first time.

I know that I have a do not respond account, I have googled how to fix it but I can't seem to make heads or tails of the whole thing ha. So I hope you don't mind my comments on here!

Kylie @ Counselor with a Cape said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look fabulous pregnant just saying! Sorry you're going through a painful time! Can't wait to see the arrival of your new addition!

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh you poor thing. I have never heard of that until checking out that article...I just had to. And that part about Addi grabbing an ice pack for your crotch. I'm dying! Hang in there mama! XOXO

MagicRoseFamily said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am so sorry you're going through that! But can I just say, thank you for being honest and saying you are! I had it and I felt SO alone and they were painful and, well everything you mentioned. SO thankful they went away. Hope you had lovely holidays and the rest of pregnancy goes smoothly!