. . . for Lauren and Lauren: When your toddler runs the show and you don't care

April 27, 2016

When your toddler runs the show and you don't care


The other day my sister and were talking about the woes of toddler bedtime and we both came to the conclusion that sometimes our toddlers run the show and we don't even care as long as they go to bed.  There was one night when the requests were out of control, but I just kept doing them without even thinking.  Just beyond willing to do what it took to get her to sleep without long tantrums. 

Can I have water?  

No, not in this cup.  In my purple sippy cup.

But I wanted ice. 

Can I have a blanket? 

I wanted the pink one.  No the white one.  

I don't want this pillow.  

Can I have a sip of your water in the living room.  

Can I have another song?  

Just one more.  

I felt like a freaking circus animal and I realized after maybe the tenth request, but I honestly didn't even care as long as the eleventh one was the last.  Okay the twelve.  Maybe the thirteenth will be the magic number. 

At your service Addi.  Just please go to bed. 


Image Map


3 comments:

muriel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

:-) I made 2 trips tonight to get the "right" blanket and stuffed animal.

muriel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

:-) I made 2 trips tonight to get the "right" blanket and stuffed animal.

Kim Airhart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is so funny!! My son is 7 but I remember those days all too well.