. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Choosing a name

April 3, 2016

Choosing a name


Isaac Jordan Vale.  

Choosing a name for your baby is so much pressure!  With Addilyn we loved the name when Chris read it on baby name list when I was 20 some weeks pregnant but I didn't call her that until she was born because I was worried we'd change our minds.  This time around we were 99% sure of the name Isaac I'd say around 25 weeks pregnant.  We'd pray for him by name and Addi would call him that which we loved.  I still was a little nervous we'd change our mind when he was born, but a few hours after he was here I was sure he was Isaac.  

We love the meaning behind the name Isaac.  Isaac means one who laughs.  In the Bible Sarah and Abraham wanted a baby but she wasn't still pregnant and was 100 years old.  God had promised them a baby, but she didn't believe because she was so old.  When she was 100 years old she found out she was pregnant and the first thing she did was laugh.  She thought people wouldn't even believe her that she was pregnant and couldn't believe it herself.  

We weren't ever sure we'd be able to have kids, especially without fertility treatments.  We went through 2 rounds of IUI and 3 rounds of IVF before getting pregnant with Addilyn and were told that chances of us getting pregnant on our own were very very slim.  So we too were in disbelief when we found out we were pregnant.  Without any kind of interventions.  I dreamed of having multiple kids, but wasn't sure that would happen after everything we went through.  What a miracle this baby boy is to us!  God is so good and faithful. 

Jordan was Chris' grandpa's name and he played a big role in Chris' life.  He is missed greatly and I love that he carries on his name. 
 
We are so so grateful for our Isaac Jordan.  (Who's laughing already.)


Image Map

4 comments:

Foxy's Domestic Side said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

OH my goodness, this is so sweet and such perfect name. Love it! Congrats again!

Kylie @ Counselor with a Cape said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Katie! He is adorable. I LOVE that the name you chose has so much meaning and history behind it. I think it's a nice thing for someone to be able to look back and say now this is WHY my parents named me this. :)

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Aww, such a sweet story behind the name!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It's perfect!! And love it. I just want to snuggle him. Please come over. :) I'll make coffee and bake.