. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Mint Standard - the best dress made by one of my favorites

August 14, 2017

Mint Standard - the best dress made by one of my favorites

dress: mint standard clothing  sandals: target

I'm so excited about this post! You all need to know about the most comfortable, versatile dress that you're going to want to wear every single day.  Kelley is the creator behind Mint Standard Clothing and if you don't know her already you will love her and her ideas and designs.  I first became friends with Kelley from blogging years ago when our girls were babies.  She also has another daughter Isaac's age, so it's extra fun to follow each other as we're in the same life stage. (Her daughter Olivia is hilarious and her and Emma are just the cutest.)  She is sweet, funny, gorgeous and I wish we were neighbors.  I fully plan on meeting her in person someday! 

Kelley wanted to create a dress that could be worn for work, for playdates, to lounge around in, run errands in and everything in between.  She wanted it to be as comfortable as yoga pants, hide sweat, and still looking put together.  It took her awhile to find a fabric that could do all that, but she finally did.  The dress seriously feels like my yoga pants.  The material is so soft, but not thin.  I am in love with the sleeve length and how it fits, and the length is perfect.

I almost forgot about the pockets!  Any dress with pockets is automatically better, and these are so big, you can hold your phone, your keys, whatever you need when you're at the park with your kids or running into a store.


My only problem with dresses in this stage of life where I'm chasing two little kids or sitting on the floor is that if I did all that I'd surely flash everyone.  Which is why Kelley also designed these shorties.  They are the same fabric, so they're super comfortable and they even come with a pocket that holds your phone perfectly.  So if you're stuck with a dress without pockets and wear these underneath, you can stick your phone and keys in there.  I've worn these under multiple dresses and love them.  They don't ride up and they are high waisted and smooth and suck you it.  It makes it so much more comfortable to wear dresses these days.

Also Kelley won me over even more when she lifted up her dress to show these shorts when she was interviewed on tv.  She also pulled a baby doll out of the pocket.  She seriously could not be cuter and did such a great job.  (You should watch her interview here and will love her.)


I got the original in black.  I think I can wear it year round.  Sandles in the summer, boots and booties in the Fall.  I think it'd look cute with a statement necklace or a scarf, with tights or tennis shoes. She also created another style called the cinch and both come in a few different colors.  (I want the striped one too!)  Kelley is also coming out with Fall styles soon and I can't wait to see them.   Her dresses could be worn so many different ways and for any thing you do during your week.  I have no doubts this dress will be worn again and again.  


Kelley I think you are a total rockstar.  Full time job, amazing mama and now designing and running a clothing line.   I am so so proud of you and am cheering you on big time!  

Make sure to follow Mint Standard on instagram (@mint_standard) and facebook (mintstandardclothing) to keep up to date with new looks and news!  


Image Map

3 comments:

Kelley @LoveLikeCrazy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

YOU are so sweet!! I can't wait until we meet in person one day! I feel like our relationship really got strong when we noticed that both Addi and Olivia ate in high chairs with one foot up. :) Thank you so much for the kind words. Maybe we should give a dress to one of your readers? That would be fun! (Can you win your own giveaway so you can get the striped?)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

@Kelley @LoveLikeCrazy I second a giveaway ;-) I've got the black in my cart for now, but that gray dot one is freaking adorable too!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look so adorable...as always!