I've seen some 30 by 30 posts, with 30 things you'd like to do by the time you're 30. However my 30th birthday is in November and 30 may be a lofty goal since it's not too far away. So 12 it is.
1. Run another marathon. Hopefully this will be accomplished in October.
2. Go away for a night without Addilyn. I feel no rush to leave Addilyn overnight, but the idea of an evening, night and morning to relax sounds nice. I have hopes of going away with a few girlfriends in August for an overnight and then the night before the marathon I'd like to stay downtown with a friend and sleep without having to worry about taking care of Addilyn. Honestly the idea of being away from her overnight makes me nervous but surely by November that can happen, right? ;)
3. Take a photography class. I have a decent camera and take a million pictures. I'd love to know how to take better ones. Even if it's an online class. Any suggestions?
4. Attend one of those paint your own painting, bring your own wine, painting parties. There's a better name for that I'm sure. Preferably with my girlfriends.
5. Send some real mail. No set goals for this but I want to try to write some actually letters. To friends, blogger friends, family.
6. Paint our front door a color. The outside of our house is less than appealing. Borderline incredibly embarrassing. I put most of the blame on Chris as manual labor seems like it should be his job, but painting our door I could do and I think it would be much more appealing.
7. Weigh what I did pre-fertility treatments. I still have a few pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but also gained at least five pounds during all of our fertility treatments and I'd love to lose that too. I'm hoping marathon training and eating better will take care of that.
8. Declutter our house. This is a goal that has been on my list for awhile. We have a lot of stuff. Mostly I have a lot of clothes. I want to get rid of the many that I haven't worn in way too long.
9. Make our basement a playroom. This one is in the works, but has been since Addilyn has been born. I've bought fabric for a few projects but there is more decluttering and cleaning to be done before that. I would love this to be done by the summer so we can be down there when it's hot in our house.
10. Meet a blog friend. I'd love to be able to meet one of the friends I've made through blogging. The other day Molly told me she wants to come visit and I sure hope she's serious because I want to meet her and I know Lily and Addi would be friends. If only Alison didn't live in Canada I would've met her by now. And I would love to have coffee with Sybil. I've talked about going to the influence conference in Indiana in September. Are any of you going to that?
11. Make my own sushi. Sushi is my favorite food and we've talked about making it before, but I feel like by the time you buy all the ingredients and make it, it'd be way easier to just buy it. But I think it'd be fun to do and I want to try at least once.
12. More intentional time. I've mentioned this before, but it's so easy for Chris and I to sit and watch tv every evening and we are trying to make it a point to spend more time talking, reading, play games . . . anything that means more quality time and not mindless tv watching.