. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Addilyn turns two

July 19, 2015

Addilyn turns two


Addilyn's birthday was Tuesday and it was such a perfect day.  Chris took her to get a donut before he had to go to work.  Then after we were dressed and ready (she picked out the tutu outfit) we meet some of our friends at the park and brought donuts, which Addi ate her weight's worth that day.  If not on your birthday than when, right?  We had a birthday party for Addilyn this weekend but it was just our families, so it was fun to celebrate with Addilyn's friends. 


It was so simple and easy, I think we may be doing this every year!

After coming home for Addilyn's nap, Chris got off work early and we went to the pool.  All of Addilyn's cousins on both sides met us there and it was so much fun.  She absolutely LOVES the water and is so good at holding her breathe.  Her and Chris would go under water and kiss and then come up.  It was adorable.  



Chris, Addilyn and I went to Culver's on the way home for dinner and ice cream.  All day when you asked Addi what day it was she'd say "My birthday! My birthday is coming up!"  Not sure she gets that today was her birthday and then she has to wait a whole year again!  

I've learned many times already that you can't control special days and they don't always turn out how you hope (like last year's birthday ending in a 911 call and trip to urgent care).  But today was perfect.  I laid her down that night and said "goodnight birthday girl" and she said "goodnight birthday mama!"  I love her so much and am so glad she is mine! And am so thankful for such a perfect day!  


Image Map

5 comments:

Kristen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, she is precious!!! I can't believe it's been 2 years!!! I've decided to have laid back birthdays too, no expectations so it can all be enjoyable! Happy Birthday to your sweetie!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

2 already! Oh my.

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She looks so cute and I LOVE that she kept saying that. Adorable. Eat all the donuts!!! mmmmm!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

happy birthday to your precious daughter.

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It looks like you really did have a perfect birthday with your sweet girl. I just love that picture of the two of you and the picture of Addilyn with her friends/family sitting on the table. You planned her birthday to be filled with her favorite things and it was a big hit!! I also love that she picked out a tutu for her special day. Happy Birthday Addilyn!!