. . . for Lauren and Lauren: I Scream, You Scream . . .

July 27, 2015

I Scream, You Scream . . .

ice cream birthday party

I loved Addilyn's first birthday party.  I loved making invitations, crafts, planning it and having a huge party to celebrate her (really our) first year.  But it was a lot of work!  So we knew we wanted to do something super simple and easy (and cheap), but still celebrate our baby girl turning two!  We decided on having an ice cream party with just our immediate family and it was perfect.  We had it at 3:30, so no need to worry about feeding any dinner.  Maybe just ruining some dinners?  Oops.  But it was great and I'm so glad we did it just like that!  

ice cream birthday party
ice cream garland
ice cream chalkboard
ice cream birthday party

I used a lot of her polka dot decorations from her first birthday and hung polka dot garlands around our house.  We bought tons of candy from the Dollar Store and Target and cut them up in little pieces and put them in cute little bowls I found at Hobby Lobby.  The mini chalkboard signs came in packs of four at the dollar spot from Target.  I found the ice cream garland online here for free!

Someone woke up from her nap pretty excited to see all this candy.

ice cream birthday party

After ice cream we opened presents, which I have lots of pictures but they all include blurry kids and a naked birthday girl with goggles on.  


It was such a great party and I'm leaning towards an ice cream celebration with family every year from here on out! 


Image Map

14 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

wow, such a cool party.

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How is it that she is two???!!!

shelleystirs said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Great idea. Who doesn't love ice cream??

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, she is just the cutest, happy birthday Addi!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

oh how CUTE!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It looks like a great party, so fun!

Jenni Austria Germany said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oooh, I love this idea. I'm going to remember it for my nieces. !!!

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a cute idea! I love that last picture! SO SWEET!

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How fun, what kid doesn't love ice cream?!

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

How stinking cute is this?! I love that first picture. And your shorts are suuuuper cute!

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a perfect party!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Awwww... looks like a precious party!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Aw I love this!! WE did an ice cream theme for Ds first and it was so fun. But I love that you kept it low key this year. I think that will be our plan. I love how happy she looks!! :) So sweet.

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Simple and sweet sounds like the perfect party! I love that ice cream garland and all the polka-dots. Obviously Addi was thrilled and no one had to stress about party prep. Win-win :)