. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Happy 2nd birthday Addilyn Jane!

July 13, 2015

Happy 2nd birthday Addilyn Jane!

Two years ago today we were given the sweetest gift.  You were so worth the years of praying and waiting and were better than I could have imagined.  Some days I can't even imagine our life without you and feel like you've been here forever, and other days I so vividly remember bringing you home and starting our life as a family of three.  

You have become so funny and silly.  You say the funniest things and make us laugh all the time. You are completely obsessed with anything sweet and would be thrilled to eat candy every minute of every day.  You love being outside.  At the park, the forest preserve, anywhere where you can explore and climb or run around.  You are pretty fearless when it comes to things like jumping in the water, trying new things or anything active.  You're timid and shy around new people and although you've done so much better in the nursery at church I think you'd be happy to not go there at all.   You're much more of a snuggler and will sit on my lap and cuddle in the mornings, after your nap and once in awhile some other times.  You like playing with legos and blocks, although toys don't entertain you for all too long.  You are happy to sit and read books with me, mostly before bedtime.  You love playing "tickle robot" with daddy and will move your arms up and down like a robot and talk in a deep voice saying "I am tickle robot."  You love your cousins and you often ask to play with them and get so excited when we say we are going to see them (which is quite often).  You also love Thursdays when we watch Aaliyah and think she is the best.  

You are super petite and have these tiny little legs.  Sometimes when you're running around I look at them and am surprised they carry you around!  Your hair is getting longer and you have these adorable little random curls in the back.  You get your share of time outs, but thankfully are pretty good saying I'm sorry after, sometimes even saying "sorry God" on your own and often throwing "sorry Molly" in there even though she has nothing to do with it most times.  You are not a fan of sitting in the cart on errands, eating well or waiting your turn.  Your favorite phrases these days are "no, not yet," "ummmmm," "booyah," and "yea I know."

You bring us so much joy.  There are so many days of the week where your dad and I lay in bed and talk about how funny and cute you are and how lucky we are that you are ours.  

Being a mom is sure hard work, but I am so thankful that God picked me for the job.  I can't imagine life without you and am so thankful for the little life the last two years.  

And because I can't talk about your birthday without watching this video (and crying).  Sweet Addilyn Jane you are the biggest blessing in our life and we are so thankful for you. 


Can't wait to celebrate you all day tomorrow and at your party on Saturday!


love, 

your mom

Image Map

10 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy birthday Addilyn!! What a beautiful post!!! Hope you guys have a great day celebrating!! I can hardly believe she's 2!!!

Alana Livingston said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy birthday, Addilyn! That birth video was so sweet! I can't believe she's almost 2--seems like just yesterday I started following your blog and journey to conceive her!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy birthday to your precious little girl!

JJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy birthday! Isn't it amazing how quickly the time goes (mine just turned 2 in June) and how quickly their little personalities develop and grow and evolve? She is just beautiful!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday Addilyn!! Such a sweet girl you have become!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can't believe Addy is already two! Happy birthday, sweet girl!

Anna Demko said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can't believe she's already two! I feel like I haven't been following for that long but I remember you posting the birth story !
Happy birthday to her


Happy Medley

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy happy birthday! Such a sweetie :)

Laura said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Happy birthday Addilyn! Sweet pictures of your sweet girl! Hope you have fun celebrating!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE this post. What a sweet girl. I SO love her from afar! I hope yesterday was SO special!!!