. . . for Lauren and Lauren: DIY Letter board for under $15

October 27, 2016

DIY Letter board for under $15

diy letter board

I'm sure you've all see those adorable felt letter boards where you can write out fun sayings.  I want one but the cheapest I've found was $40 and just couldn't justify spending it on that. I saw this wooden board at Hobby Lobby and thought I could make something similar.  I spent less than $15 and love how it turned out! 


Wooden board: $12 (50% off) 
Chipboard letters: $1.50 each (50% and I bought two packs)
Tear tape: I already had but was $3 with a coupon. I'm sure you could use other kinds of tape too!
Spray paint: I had already :) 


I just laid out the letters I needed and spray painted them.  I figure I'll just spray paint whatever I need, although probably easier to just do it all at once!  The tape is super narrow and rips right off. I'm not sure how long they'll stay sticky if I change them out, but figure for $1.50 I can just buy new ones when I need more letters.  I put a little piece on the back of each letter and stuck them on.

 

I love how it looks on my shelf and can't wait to put different sayings on it throughout the year! 

diy letter board
diy letter board





Image Map

4 comments:

Erin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is so cute!! I love how it's a rustic take on the typical letter boards that are out there. So unique! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

so cute and easy!! and I LOVE the shelf it's on!!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are so crafty! LOVE it.

Lia said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Nice felt letters! I really love it!