. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Easy DIY fall wreath

October 2, 2016

Easy DIY fall wreath

diy fall wreath

I am always shocked at how expensive wreaths are and can't justify spending $40 for a wreath!  I've wanted a fall one to hang on the window of our mantle, but hadn't found one that was cheap enough and that I loved.  I bought this stem of leaves from Hobby Lobby the other day, intending on using it in the white vase on the mantle, but it looked way too big, so I decided to use it to make a wreath. I already had the branchy wreath form, but I'm pretty sure they cost less than $10.  The leafs were $8, so it cost less than $15 to make and took less than 20 minutes. 


I used flower pins to hold it down, after cutting the branches apart using wire cutters.  Just wrapped the stems around the wreath and pinned down.  That's it.  Super easy and cheap and I love it!

fall mantle




Image Map

3 comments:

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is a great idea! I was at the store with my mom last weekend looking for fall decorations, and I couldn't get over how expensive the wreaths were! This is much more in my budget! :)

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Looks great!

Leslie @ A Side of Chocolate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can never get over how expensive wreaths are! I almost always make my own - this year included. I'm not the best at making them last but at least they were cheaper! Love this one!!