. . . for Lauren and Lauren: A night away and a wonderful weekend

March 16, 2015

A night away and a wonderful weekend


This last weekend was so good.  Quality time with our families, beautiful weather, three trips to the park, and I got away for a night with one of my closest friends.  

Friday night my sister and her family came over for dinner, after a run to Target with my sister and niece.  We made pizza and hung out, the kids played and Addi and Annie took a bath.  It was one of the nights that I still felt like I can't believe they really live here.  That we get to do stuff like this on a regular basis.  It just makes me so happy.   


Saturday morning Chris had to go to work and I met my sister, dad, Travis and Lena at the park.  Then we went and got donuts, which is Addilyn's favorite.  


Later Saturday afternoon my friend Meredith picked me up and we left for the night! We had talked about going for an overnight for awhile and I have felt too nervous to leave Addilyn, especially with her waking up at night.  But the last few weeks she's been sleeping great and I felt as ready as I think I'd be to go.  So last week we booked a hotel, and even though we were only an hour away and gone a little less than 24 hours it was wonderful.  We went shopping, walked around, ate a nice dinner, and then sat in the hot tub.  The next morning we sat in bed drinking coffee, took our time leaving, and then went to breakfast.  All with hours of uninterrupted conversations.


And Chris and Addilyn had a great time! They spent time at his parents Saturday night, and he took her to breakfast Sunday morning to eat apple pancakes and then to church.  Shambly hair and all.  


He told me he tried for five minutes to get a pony tail in her hair.  Which means we're in trouble for her looking put together in the future if they're on their own!  Also she was pretty much in pajama pants and this top, but I could care less what she looks like as long as she's alive and happy, right? 

Sunday after I got home we went to Chris' parents for a late lunch and went to the park again.  I am so happy the weather it getting nicer and we can be outside. 


And this last picture is just about too much for me to handle.  Why does she look like she's five? 


Image Map

7 comments:

L said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ahh she looks so old on that bike!!! But still so stinkin cute! Glad you were able to enjoy a night away!

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay! So glad you got to get away and feel refreshed. It sounds like the perfect weekend with family and friends.

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay for family being so close, park days and getting away! So proud of you for getting some you time! Every mom needs that :)

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yayyyy for girls nights!! What a fun idea :) I love that. And I love her donut face, haha!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Sounds amazing! I am SO glad you got away with a friend over night. So good for the soul. And YAY that Daddy and A survived! So cute they went for breaky. I love that you and your sister are so close to each other now.

The Lady Okie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay for a night away! This is a big deal. I remember you blogging about how you hadn't left her yet. Glad everything went well!

Erin LFF said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great time! Yay for girl time! And yay for having your sister and niece nearby too. Mine are 8 hours away and it kills me! Quality time with fam/friends is the BEST :)