. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Bathroom Redo

March 8, 2015

Bathroom Redo

 wake up and be awesome

Last month I fixed up our main bathroom.  Years ago I painted it a wine, maroon color and never really loved it.  I'm not quite sure why it's taken me so long to repaint it, but I'm glad I waited until after Addilyn was born, because it's the bathroom she takes baths in and the one she'll use as she gets older.  So it was fun to make it personalized to her.

striped bathroom

The stripes on the wall were actually pretty easy and I finished it all in one weekend.  The blue paint one day, and the stripes the next day.  The biggest tip I found online was to peel your painters tape off the stripes before the paint it totally dry.  I really didn't have much to touch up which was nice!

The shower curtain and knobs were from Target.  I found the mirror at Hobby Lobby for $40 and the hand towel knob for $6.  The wire basket I think was from Ross and I added the chalkboard sign.  I shared the DIY towel hook tutorial here


I love how the canvases turned out.  They were really easy! 

bathroom canvas
Put your stickers on the canvas and make sure to press them down well. 
Paint over the entire canvas and let it dry.  Pull off the stickers and that's it!
bathroom canvas

For the center one I painted the whole canvas, then used modge podge to put the picture on.  

And here's a few before and after pictures.  It is SO much better!



Image Map

14 comments:

Betsy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the bright blue paint. Great looking update!

Lovely Life of Emilie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Looks great, love the stripes! The blue paint makes it look especially bright and cheery! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do!

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love how it turned out!!! Looks awesome!!!

L said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love how bright it is and how cute your little one looks between those fun quotes!! Awesome job!

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, so pretty, I love the blue!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Sharlee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love it! How did you make the hand towel holder?

Sharlee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love it! How did you make the hand towel holder?

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love it! The blue color is so cheerful.

Lauren {By Lauren M} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It turned out so cute! And I love the little DIY canvas project!

Lauren
Fizz and Frosting

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the mirror & shower curtain!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Looks so awesome. You are a pro!! I think you have extra hours in the day than everyone else!! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a fun and vibrant color!! When we would move into a new house the first room that was always repainted and decorated was the bathroom (my mom says it was the smallest and easiest) and often the only room that was really done before we moved again so I always have a soft spot for sun bathroom redos!!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Gorgeous! I love your new bathroom. It's so bright and cheery.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Wonderful! Your idea to put in recessed shower caddys is exactly what we chose to do as well. I wish we put in recessed shelving with built in lighting, because it truly does appear to open up the room in the way my husband and I had envisioned it. You've got a knack for this, so please keep sharing your ideas!

Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement