. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Small goals

March 23, 2015

Small goals

tunic: c/o sheinside   vest: old navy  flats: target

I've written plenty of goals before.  Goals for a year.  Goals for a season.  And I like making them, love having lists and things to work on.  But they tend to get lost so fast or seem too big and I lose the drive to live them out.  

So I'm trying something new (to me) and making three little goals for this week.Make an appointment to get my hair colored should clearly be at the top on the list, but instead this week I want to:

1.  Drink more water.  

2.  Text Chris three random times this week telling him how much I love him or how proud I am of him. 

3.  Spend two nights this week reading a book rather than watching an episode of Friends on my ipad right before I go to bed.  

4.  Start switching out my summer and winter clothes. 

I'm tempted to write more, but that's enough for me!  Are you a goal writer? Long term? How do you stick with them?

Image Map

11 comments:

Kristin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Attaching number values helps me with goals. 20 minutes of Pilates a day or clean for 30 minutes (set a timer) or 100oz of water. Especially with the water one!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Umm...that vest and black tunic need to just walk their way to my closet...please and thank you ;)

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love goals & lists!! You and Addilyn have the best vest collection around. Love your outfit. I'd like to join you in drinking more water, reading for fun, decorate for Easter and send a few cards this week.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am a goal and list maker too. I do however, like the way you shorten the timeline.A shorter timeline is more attainable more attainable means I might actually get a few goal accomplished! I might just have to start doing this!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those are great goals. I tried to read instead of tv last night and I was asleep after 1 page!! I guess that's not a bad thing!

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those are great goals!!! My goal - stay awake/alive. ;-)

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Great Goals! I like to make daily lists, but then end up disappointed or push myself too hard at my unrealistic goals for a day, so I just don't do it any more, hehe.

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am a total list maker, goal setter, etc! Go you girl. I recommend getting a water bottle with a straw -- I drink WAY more that way!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I want to be.
I def became more of a list writer since being pregnant.
I feel like if I say things out loud - they wont actually come true. I feel this way because that has happened multiple times!

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I need to get better with the water drinking too! I was doing great but fell off the wagon! I didn't replace it with crap, just don't drink enough now!

codydollartist said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I try to write S.M.A.R.T. goals but they don't work either. So now I just write what I want to in evernote and if I get to it then YAY and if not well there's tomorrow, or next week, or whenever.