. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Fall goals

October 14, 2014

Fall goals

dress: forever 21  vest: old navy  boots: justfab

I still have some things left on my 13 by 30 list and I am sure I won't make all of them in the next two weeks, so 13 by 31?   But there are a few smaller goals that I'm making for this Fall.  

Dress nicer and do my hair.  I go back and forth between "I feel better when I'm dressed nicely" and "Who am I kidding, I feel the best when I'm comfortable in yoga pants and a poor attempt at a top knot."  But I do realize it doesn't take too long to curl my hair or put on real pants, so I'm making it a goal to so more often.  Plus this is the first fall in two years that I fit it all my clothes and don't have to worry about dressing to constantly be nursing.  

To be more encouraging to Chris.  It's so easy for my focus all day and night to be on Addilyn.  I am with her the majority of her days and somedays I forget about being a wife and feel fully consumed with being a mom.  We continue to have a goal to be more intentional with our time together, and I want to work on making him feel more loved and encouraged.  

Make dinner more often.  Ever since Addilyn was born I've struggled to make dinner often.  One night a week we eat at my parents, another night  I eat with my girlfriends and Chris with his guy friends, and usually on a weekend night we eat with my in laws, so there are three nights right there.   Which means I'm completely capable of fixing dinner the other nights.  To make it easier for me I'm going to commit to crock pot meal at least once a week and homemade pizza or grilled sandwiches another night.  

Let it go.  I have a really hard time not fixating on things.  Addilyn has been sleeping pretty bad the last few weeks. Crying at bedtime and naps and waking up more during the night.  It's really hard for me to not stress about it.  But I need to just let it go.  To not over analyze things like when and how I'll stop nursing or worry about how our daily schedule may differ than others.  To stop comparing her to other babies her age or me with other moms and just go with the flow. SO not natural to me.
  
Do one encouraging thing a week.  Write a letter, bring a friend cookies.  Something random to make someone smile.  

I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll think of something I want to add.  What goals do you have this Fall? 

Image Map


11 comments:

Lindsay @ Pursuit of Pink said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh - I love your last goal! I want to be more encouraging and loving to people as well. So I think I will join you with that goal.

And I totally feel you on the let it go goal as well. Let me just say this - you look amazing and I think are skinnier now than before you got pregnant. Which I'm super jealous of!!! I still have some baby weight to lose. And the fact that you ran a marathon is incredible!!! So know that even as you are comparing yourself to other moms and babies, I'm jealous of you! Just saying that to hopefully put a smile on your face and say that you ROCK!!!!

Love these goals. Katie, you have such a beautiful heart.
XOXO

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

First off....love this outfit!!

And such a good goal to just "let it go". I have to remind myself that on a daily basis!

Sharlee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You and I are so similar... Especially with letting it go and not worrying down the road. I'm already dreading weaning and just need to calm down... I'm not even close to there yet. And the comparison game... That's a hard one as well. I hope to fit into my clothes next fall:)

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a great list and congrats again on your marathon!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

First off, I ADORE your outfit!

Great Fall List- I am in the same boat with you as far as I need to encourage my Husband more. My time is limited with work and being a mom of 3 that my Husband gets pushed to the back burner more often than not. I don't do it intentionally, it just happens.

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is such a great list of goals! You can do it!

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yes, use that crock pot!! Such a life saver! Love this outfit! Ya look so cute!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

First, LOVE this outfit!!! Second, I'm another one of those fixaters haha...I always have to physically stop and take deep breaths. Why must anxiety get the best of us sometimes?

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are just so awesome. These are great goals, and what a fun outfit!! Girlfriend, I really need to commit to using my crock pot more-- we've been married nearly a year and a half and I've used it once, yes...ONCE!! Lol!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look adorable. I feel better when I look nice too, but it is easy to stay in comfy clothes when you're spending the day at home. Dinner can be rough too, sometimes I'm on top of it and other times I scrounging through the cupboards at 5:00...

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE the outfit!!
www.directorofoperations.blogspot.com