. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Treat yo self

October 22, 2014

Treat yo self

striped cardigan
fall outfit
sweater: c/o sheinside     jeans: old nay   boots: zulily 

Last week I had the most relaxing day I've probably had since Addilyn's been born.  After Addilyn's morning nap I got to go get my hair done, which takes a nice long almost two hours.  Then later that day I got an hour long massage and went to a friend's house for girls night dinner.  It was wonderful. As I was running the marathon I thought about this day multiple times, and it felt like a much deserved reward after working so hard that day.  

I used to hate spending money on things that I couldn't tangibly keep.  I would have never spent money on a massage, or rarely spent money to get my hair done.  While I surely spread out my hair appointments and can't imagine being able to justify getting a massage often, it was wonderful and I'm so glad I did it.  And would happily do it again.  It felt so nice to have hours to myself and I felt relaxed and happy.  Maybe it's getting older or Chris rubbing off on me, but now I certainly enjoy experiences almost as much as buying new clothes.  

To add to my pampering day, I got this sweater in the mail from Sheinside and I wore it three days in a row.  It's so comfy and I'm going to keep wearing it all the time.  

sweater and boots

Image Map

17 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love your sweater!! Glad you had a much needed and well deserved day of pampering!!!

kate @ a journey in style said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can see why you've been wearing that sweater so much! I want one for myself!! Hooray for treating yourself-- you deserve it!

kate @ a journey in style said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Also-- I just noticed that the sizing on this sweater is "one size" -- how is that working out for you? I've never placed an order with the company, but now with free shipping, I might have to.

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are so cute.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOVE that sweater!! Looks so good on you! Your hair looks lovely too!

Massages are the best!

April Lynn | Our Little Loves said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love me some Zulily. I'm mighty excited about boot weather.

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Your day of pampering sounds perfect! You totally deserved it. And I really love that sweater. I wouldn't take it off, either!

Courtney Kassner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Glad you got to treat yourself! You deserve it!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yay for pampering! I love this outfit!! And again, love your hair! I was debating going darker for the winter but now I think I'll stick to the blonde - your color is so pretty!!!

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

yay for pampering, I think us Mamas need those days every once in a while, rejuvenates us and we're ready to go for another 6 months, haha! You definitely deserved it after your training and marathon run!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What a nice way to treat yourself! And you totally deserve it my wonderful friend :)

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so glad you took time to yourself! That's so very important for every mom to do!

Head to Toe Chic said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

A day of pampering sounds amazing!! I really love this sweater on you!

xo,
Angela

cincinnatihousewife said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I hope that the title of this blog is a nod to Tom and Donna from Parks and Recreation... LOVE.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I think this is one of my favorite outfits I've seen you wear! That sweater is AMAZING!! Definitely going to try and scope it out for myself ;)

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You definitely deserved a pampering day my dear. Good for you!! I definitely agree with the treat yo'self motto. Haha.

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

SO glad you had that kinda day! SO important!! I LOVE that sweater, I need to look into it. I wouldn't ever take it off!!