. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Unobservant

October 21, 2014

Unobservant

top and pants: old navy   shoes: kohls 

My sister texted me a picture of these shoes and I went to Kohls the next day to buy them too. Remember how they kept sending me $10 for their remodeling? Well they did it a few more times, which meant I bought these shoes for less than $10.  

My brother in law thought that Lauren wearing these was a joke and that they were the ugliest things he's ever seen.  Luckily for me, Chris could care less about these shoes, more because I don't think he ever knows what I'm wearing.  

While Chris does randomly compliment me regarding an outfit, most of the time he's quite unobservant.  After spending a day together, I used to play this game with him where I would ask him to close his eyes and tell me what I was wearing at the moment.  Very rarely could he describe my outfit.  The day I wore this outfit he didn't even make a comment about these wild shoes. 

So sometimes his non observance works in my advantage.  Does your husband have an opinion about what you wear?  Not like I wouldn't buy these shoes if he hated them either. ;) 


Image Map


13 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I have those shoes and haven't worn them yet... Your outfit is adorbs... Thanks for the inspiration:)

Savanna said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Jeremy is so observant. I could never slide a new pair of shoes by him. Maybe a white shirt because I have a billion of them but shoes for sure not. But he is also always complementing me on my outfits which is good because most of the time I get dressed for him.

kate @ a journey in style said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So the other day my husband was wearing a really ratty old t-shirt and I told him he couldn't wear it to the grocery store since it was so embarrassing. He said that he doesn't have veto power, so I shouldn't have any either. Apparently he does notice my outfits, but doesn't comment. I thought to ask him to tell me from now on when I look ridiculous, but I'm not sure I want to know.

Sharlee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My husband is definitely like Chris in this regard. It catches me so off guard when he randomly has a compliment or even an opinion because he really just doesn't care. Sometimes it is nice and other times it sort of bothers me that he doesn't notice when I put extra effort into myself.

Rolled Up Pretty said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look adorable as always!

Kate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My boyfriend could really care less what I'm wearing. He might say, "Hey. I like what you're wearing." But it's ONLY because he knows I want to hear it, ya know?

I've actually told him before that it frustrates me because while, yes, I'm buying things I like, I also consider things I know HE likes/doesn't like.

And then if I criticize him for wearing something old and ratty when we're going out, he throw out the classic, "I never question what YOU'RE wearing. Why do you get to judge my clothes?!"
Men.

Now I need to make a trip to Kohl's for those shoes...

Allison @ Mrs. Southern Mama said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

FOr some reason, my hubby does't love my style, but eh, I don't really mind - haha! I just wear what makes me happy! I am very "plain" with my style!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Chris actually has very good fashion sense, so I am constantly asking his opinion on outfits. But mostly he always thinks I look good (or so he says). I happen to love your whole outfit, shoes included!

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This outfit! Those shoes totally make it and now I need them ;)

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Bahaha that's an awesome game before. I've actually done that with myself before. Totally forgot what I was wearing when I closed my eyes. I'm so talented ;)

Head to Toe Chic said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

haha that's so funny! and I really love those shoes! Such a great deal too :)

xo,
Angela

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I am totally gonna test Justin. He notices bright or "funny to him" things. He would notice those shoes. I LOVE them!! Why don't we have Kohl's?!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Cute outfit!

My husband does have an opinion sometimes on my outfit. Basically if I ask him. He will point out if shoes are ugly though. I think it goes back to his old obsession of shoes.

- Amanda