. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Skinny girl

October 12, 2014

Skinny girl

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Skinnygirl. I received a product sample and a promotional item to facilitate my review. 


I've shared before that I struggle with what to eat for snacks.  I don't eat fried foods or super greasy things, but love dessert and I struggle when it comes to snacking.  I love chocolate covered granola bars, which trick me into thinking I'm not eating dessert.  Or gold fish or cheeze its, or anything like that.  I know I need to eat more veggies but I don't like them plain and I am lazy and buy them, but then never cut them up and end up throwing them away.  

This week I found the perfect solution.  First of all I bought the pre cut vegetables.  I'm pretty cheap and these are a little more expensive but I realized I'm wasting food and money when I buy them not cut, because they go to waste.  So an extra dollar spent seems worth it to me.  Second this Skinnygirl hummus.  I will eat vegetables if they are covered in hummus.  

I've tried Skinnygirl products once or twice before when I had their wine and really liked it.   Skinnygirl recently expanded from their focus on low-calorie cocktails to non-alcoholic beverages, snacks and popcorn.  This last weekend I tried Skinnygirl brand Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and loved it.  There are other flavors like Cilantra Jalapeno and Roasted Garlic, which both sound delicious too.  It's made with non-fat Greek Yogurt, gluten free, and is low in calorie, and tastes delicious.  Creamy and light and makes vegetables totally doable for me! 


Plus Addilyn loves it too.  We have had it with pretzels, crackers and I'm on a hunt for recipes that use hummus.  I've used on my sandwich in place of mayo, or on a tortilla with cheese and rolled up or on an English muffin with egg and cheese for breakfast.  

Anyone have any other ways I need to try this hummus with? 

You can find Skinnygirl hummus at Kroger, Hy-Vee, Fairway Market, Bristol Farms, Gelson's and Walmart.  Click here for a $0.75 coupon off. 

Image Map


3 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

There hummus is so good and congrats again on the marathon!

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

oooh def going to have to try this!!

Head to Toe Chic said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I need to try this brand! I love hummus!!

xo,
Angela