. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Current baby favorites

March 24, 2014

Current baby favorites

 
Remember how I did a monthly baby favorites post?  One time?  Oops.  Jennifer and I had all intentions of keeping that up but clearly failed miserably.  And honestly the thing is that every baby and every mom is SO different that I'm not sure if those posts are even helpful.  

But to completely contradict what I just said here are some of our recent baby favorites from the last few months: 
(1) exersaucer:  Now this isn't the exact one we have but close enough.  This is how I shower, get dressed, go to the bathroom, fold laundry, do anything with both hands.  She loves it and it keeps her entertained for little amounts of time here and there.  The only downside it is takes up so much space and is a pain to move from room to room.  

(2) sleep sacks: I honestly thought Addilyn would never be unswaddled, but thankfully we survived.  She sleeps in these sleep sacks for naps and bedtime.  It's nice since it's cold here so it's like a blanket.  Plus I think it's a good single for her that it's time to sleep. 

(3) ergo: I have a baby b'journ and a few slings, but this is my favorite.  I honestly haven't used it a ton because it's freezing outside, but I know we'll use it a lot when we go on walks.  It's been great for grocery shopping, since Addilyn still isn't great at sitting in the cart. 

(4) baby piano: This is probably Addilyn's favorite toy.  We spend a good amount of time sitting in front of this.  She can pull herself up now and is so happy just standing, listening to the music and eating all of the fun things that are sticking out of the top.  Only downfall is that she has banged her head on the keys in her over excitement quite a few times. 

(5) lamb: When we were trying to get Addilyn to sleep unswaddled and get herself to sleep on her own we wanted her to have some kind of blanket or stuffed animal.  I love this one because it's soft, small, and mostly flat so she often ends up sleeping with her head on it.  We got this one as a gift but actually ordered another one just in case we ever lose this one!

(6) sound machine: I love this sound machine.  We use it for all of Addi's naps and overnight. It's nice because it's not that big or heavy so the few times we haven't been at home we've been easily able to bring it with. 

These have been our favorites for that last few months and I think we'll keep using these for the next few too. Moms what is or what was your babies favorites at this time or in the months to come? 

Photobucket


14 comments:

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Can she possibly get any cuter???

Mimi said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Keep this up! I LOVE seeing what other moms rely on...ps the sleep sack is the best!
Aesthetic Lounge

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I've said this before and I'll say it again -- you might have the cutest little babe on the planet. She's so darn happy!! I'm not even a momma and I think these posts are fun!! :)

Erika said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

She is just the cutest thing!! I am thinking about getting the Ergo but haven't yet… I hear great things though. Thanks for sharing:)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Those photos are so cute! D is starting to like the exersaucer. We are working at unswaddling right now!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hey! I think one of the little kiddos I babysit has that piano! She loves it too. :) Must be a hot item in baby world :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

oh my goodness she is way too cute!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh she is so cute! Great posts for moms out there!

I like posts like this even though all the kids in my family are 2 and over. :)

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We used sleep sacks, too. Our kids loved them! And the Ergo is great. That was definitely my favorite carrier. It's so cute to see Addi in the striped bow top because Mimi has the same shirt (obviously in a much bigger size!) I love it!

Helene in Between said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

aww so cute!!! i love her expressions!

Sarah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We use the sleep sacks too, great signal to them that it's time for sleep. Going to have to get the lighter weight one for spring/summer. Love that picture of her sleeping holding her lamb, so, so cute!

The Olive Tree Blog said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

We have # 4 all my kiddos loved it! Also, Addi dresses better than me...she is so cute!!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My kids loved the exersaucer!

Bethany said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yet another post confirming our girls would be besties if they ever met! I actually did a post like this a while ago and had three of these same things (ergo, sound machine, sleepsack) on my list! BUT, our jumperoo/exersaucer and piano are totally essentials now! And I think you're the one who inspired me to give Allie a bedtime lovey--she will not let go of her little Stetson! Addilyn continues to be adorable!