. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Top Three Times

March 4, 2014

Top Three Times

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #HealthcareClinic

Having a baby has completely changed the amount of times and needs for doctors, medicine and health preventions in my life.  Before getting pregnant I rarely went to the doctor and had few health concerns. Since having Addilyn I not only worry about her health but mine and Chris' as well.  I'm thankful for places, like all of the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Chicago locations that make dealing with health concerns much easier.  


Here are the top three times that going to the Walgreens Clinic would make my life easier:

1.  Chris.  I know I've shared many times before how I fail quite miserably at being sympathetic when Chris is sick.  I'd prefer to tell him to suck it up and function like normal.  However, I am aware that there are times when he truly is sick.  And while my main concern should be him getting better, it is now that I don't want him to get Addilyn sick.  So I will now encourage him (or force him) to go to the Walgreens care clinic to get himself checked out and on medicine if needed.  


2. Flu shots.  I have never gotten a flu shot before, as I rarely get sick.  But when I was pregnant I got my first one so that when Addilyn was born she had protection from the flu.  Now I'll get my flu shot so I can do whatever I can to help prevent Addilyn from getting sick.  It is a pain to make a doctor's appointment and get there for a simple thing like a flu shot.  Walgreens, on the other hand, is a mile from my house.  I don't have to make an appointment, but can just go there when it's convenient for me and get my flu shot taken care of.  


3. Addilyn.  By far the hardest week we had since Addilyn's been born is when she was really sick.  Taking care of a sick baby is not only exhausting but scary.  I worried about her breathing and even after our first doctor's appointment, had times when I was nervous she was sounding too wheezy or not improving.  Rather than waiting for our next doctor's appointment, I'm sure it would have eased my mind to take her in to the clinic and have them listen to her breathing.  That week we made at least three trips to the Walgreens pharmacy to get her medicine, and I am so glad they were short trips as I was anxious to get her on her medicine as fast as possible. 


I was surprised at the amount of services offered at the Walgreens clinic.  Fevers, allergies, bronchitis, bladder infections, sinus infections.  Between myself, Chris and Addilyn we've had all those this last year.  It is much more convenient to drive to a Walgreens clinic so close to us, then make an appointment at a doctor's office.  

Walgreens takes a lot of different insurances, but also treats patients without insurance.  Since taking the year of from teaching we are on independent insurance, with quite a high deductible.  I was happily surprised when I checked out the costs of different procedures and treatments, and for some of them it would probably be cheaper than going to our doctors.  

I can only imagine hot many time in the next many years we'll be utilizing their Healthcare Clinic!

Photobucket




7 comments:

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

once kids start school, you'll be there a ton more...things like pink eye and strep throat...all new fun stuff!

Suburban prep said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

My sister just had baby #5 last week. She has a 9,7,5 and 2 yr old, too. She is always going for one thing or the other to a Doctor or to a clinic. Her 2 yr old has a heart health issue so that is something extra that she has to be on top of.

Kate @ Classy Living said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is actually really good to know. I'm a teacher, so I'm always exposed to those crazy germs. It's nice to know that I can run over to a Walgreens for a $17 strep test rather than having to get myself all the way over to a doctor's office, wait, and then write a $25 check.

Kayla MKOY said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Goodness I cannot get over how cute your little baby is!! ;)

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a precious baby.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I think the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic is so great for first time moms so you can get some peace of mind no matter the day of the week. #client

Leonardo said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

It is so great to have a one stop shop that provides you with all the necessary care, especially now that you have such a beautiful family. I can empathize as I also have a family that I worry about, especially when they are sick. Getting the flu shot has been a precaution we have take every year.

Leonardo @ U.S. Healthworks Medical Group