. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Burlap & Lace Table Runner

March 5, 2014

Burlap & Lace Table Runner

 

This last weekend, thanks to Chris spending lots of time playing with Addilyn, I got to spend some good time crafting.  I made this burlap and lace table runner and love how it turned out! I already had the burlap and only spent $5 on the lace, so super cheap project.  


I cut the burlap (which is actually the hardest part and I failed to make it perfectly straight) and then I pinned the lace to all four sides and sewed it.  

I used freezer paper to cut out a letter V and taped it down to the burlap.  Then painted with a sponge brush and peeled the paper off once it dried. 


For the mason jars I just put a large amount of paint in the bottom of the jars and swirled them around.  Then turned them upside down and let them dry.  I had to add a little paint to a few places and swirl some more but most of it got covered on its own!  I got these cute burlap flowers from Hobby Lobby.  


I love my new dining room table and it makes me feel like I am a tiny bit closer to Spring!


I tend to get a little overboard when I like something, (like baby footprints for everything) and made another burlap initial craft.  I will have to share whenever I get to taking pictures of it!

Photobucket



22 comments:

Helene said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

oh my goodness this is gorgeous! what a great idea!!

eliz said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the lace around the burlap! So pretty! <3

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love it so much!!! It's so pretty!! All of it.

PAPS said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Nice and personalized.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Desiree Macke said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! And, sounds easy enough!

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Super cute!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Totally cool.

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That came out so cute! I love anything with an initial or monogram!

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love this Katie!!! It's amazing what you can do with some time and an idea!!!!!


Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

i think it looks amazing. i have run into that same problem cutting burlap, but you can't even tell here!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

This is adorable! How creative! I tried to do something similar in my own dining room with lace doilies and flowers, but it's still a work in progress. :)

Susannah said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That is gorgeous!!! I may have to steal the idea. ;-)

Pamela said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

LOOOOOOVE!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love this! It came out great!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love love love! Now I just need to find time to get crafty too!

Laura said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Love the burlap with the mason jars. Too cute!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love it! Looks so crisp and clean, perfect for Spring

Sybil@PeaceitallTogether said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So cute! You are incredibly crafty!! I wish I had the patience for it. I'm just too much of a perfectionist. The last thing I made was the tassel garland for my mantle and the only reason I didn't tear it up was because it is up so high that you can't really see how bad it looks! Haha!!

K&R said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

girl you did great! this all looks amazing!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh you are so crafty! I'm seriously jealous of you right now. I desperately need to do something like this in my own house... I love the painted mason jars!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh you are so crafty! I'm seriously jealous of you right now. I desperately need to do something like this in my own house... I love the painted mason jars!

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Wow I love the inital touch Feel free to link this up to our Friday Frenzy recipe and craft party. http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/st-patrick-day-recipes-and-crafts-party.html