. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Those night time moments

March 2, 2014

Those night time moments

 

I've had a handful of people tell me that someday I will miss those middle of the night wakings and feedings. I'm going to go ahead and say that I am pretty sure I will not be shedding tears when Addilyn decides to really truly sleep through the night.  I am thoroughly looking forward to the days when I don't have to go in her room to get her until morning time. 

But I am going to say that there have been nights recently that I haven't minded my one trip to her room in the early early morning.  Addilyn hasn't been a cuddly, sweet nurser for quite awhile.  Minus her morning feeding I often feel like I'm wrangling a wild animal, getting her to avoid all distractions and forcing her to eat. Plus her sharp little teeth starting to peek through scare me a little. 

But that middle of the night feed?  She'll take her little hand and wave it around, until she finds mine and hold onto a few of my fingers.  She'll play with my hand or put her hand up by my face.  When I'm done feeding her I'll put her up on my shoulder and she'll rest her head on me and put her arms around me, breathing deeper and fall back to sleep.  I rub her head or her back, and kiss her cheek and she just presses her sweet little self into me.  

I don't know if it's the fact that my sister and two friends had babies in the last two weeks and I am realizing how fast this time is going, but I've been extra emotional lately.  I feel like Addilyn is changing every day and that we're entering a new stage.  Solids, less naps, moving, mini crying fits when I take something away or don't do something fast enough.  It feels like a totally new stage of parenting.  And it feels like my baby is not so much of a baby anymore.  

So while I am anxious to have a full nights sleep, I know it will come someday.  For today I am appreciating and soaking up the few minutes of quiet, sweet baby snuggles, even when they come at 4 in the morning. 

Photobucket


14 comments:

Jen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Nope. I don't think you'll miss getting up in the middle of the night, either. Lol. Baby snuggles, yes. But with each new stage is a new thing you'll love!

Curious Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet! But you deffo wont be missing it... Hehe. You will find other sweet moments instead of in the middle of the night :)

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm with you friend. I'm ready for sleep but love those cuddlier times. And I hear ya on the distractions and trying to get them to eat!! My goodness.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I could have written this same post when Audrey was 7months! Reminding myself that I would miss these middle of the night cuddles was how I got through those nights!

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Yes, embrace them while you can. It seems just yesterday my oldest was toddling around the house and now she's 15 years old! Life just goes by way too quickly!

Jessica said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

beautiful

maria said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So sweet! I'm sure you won't miss the sleepless nights either, but I do know what you mean by missing those midnight snuggles and peaceful nursing.
But I can tell you this, the good night snuggles before bed time and morning kisses really do make up for midnight cuddles!

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Sweet blessings.

Helene in Between said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I always pictured those feedings to be awful but i can see it being such a peaceful time with just you and her, especially her holding your hand. what a perfect little picture you painted!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a sweet post, and it all sounds so familiar. Gabe will be 1 this month, and my little baby is trying to walk. Time goes by so quickly, but even more so the second time. :(

Angela C. said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can relate to so many of your posts. I have just been complaining to my husband about how my daughter has started waking up several times a night again (she was sleeping 10-12 hours for a while). I have been so tired but you are right. One day I will miss the sweetness that comes from my tired, slightly out of it little one. The hand and face touching are so precious. And I love watching her doze back to sleep. Thanks for being so real and relatable.
Angela :)
www.acharlescoach.com/blog

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ahhh... just reading this made me a little sad/nostalgic. I've been mourning the end of breastfeeding these past few weeks. I think Klair has finally adjusted, and the freedom is certainly nice... but I still have these moments where I wish I could breastfeed her again. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Bethany said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Allie is the same way! Too full of energy during the day to tolerate any snuggling. So while I am exhausted and wished she slept through the night, I often just soak in the sweetness of those moments when she lets me hold her! Very sweet post.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You have it better than me. Toby sleeps at 8/9 sleeps for an hour and then wakes nurses and sleeps again and sleeps for a little bit by midnight he realizes that he is not in our bed and will whine till he gets in our bed. I try and put him back wakes and and to get any sleep he ends up in our bed. :( I don't want him to sleep In our bed forever. I do love to have him close by. But we want our bed back. Lol