. . . for Lauren and Lauren: How to nag your husband less

February 22, 2015

How to nag your husband less

“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Litter Genie® and Fancy Feast®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Catparents http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


I've shared before that I am probably one of the most easily annoyed people in the world, and Chris does a good amount of annoying things.  Proof in the picture of him picking his teeth.  That along with chewing louding, biting his nails, constantly bouncing.  I really do love him.  I just find myself nagging him a lot, which is annoying.  To both of us I'm sure.  So while I save my energy to tell him to stop his annoying little habits, here's some ways to nag your husband less in other areas: 


1.  Say it at the right time.  I learned that there's about a 5% chance Chris and I can have successful discussions about anything important first thing in the morning.  Chris is the opposite of a morning person, and it just never goes well.  Same for the middle of the night.  That one goes to about a 0% chance.  If I want Chris to do something before he leaves for work, I'll save it until he's been up for a little while.  Or better yet, right before he leaves because he often forgets anyway, so it's better to just say it once right when he can do it.  (Like taking out the garbage.) 

2. It's not on purpose.  Chris is incredibly forgetful and I really do think a big part of it is not his fault.  I have to remind myself that he is never purposely forgetting things to make me mad.  He wants to make me happy and has good intentions.  When I remember that, it helps me not be nearly as mad about him forgetting to do something I asked.  

3.  Do it yourself.   There's many times I'm annoyed that Chris left his cup on the endtable or a wrapper on the counter when it doesn't take much time to put in in the dishwasher or garbage.  But I realize it takes me just about the same time to ask him to move it, as to move it myself.  Those little things really don't take much time and I'd rather save my "nagging" for things that I really don't want to or can't do.  Plus he's pretty appreciative when he realizes all the things I do around the house, which makes a world of difference. 

4.  Divide it up.  Speaking of saving your nagging, pick a few things that are always each other's jobs.  For example Chris is in charge garbage.  I rarely take the garbage out and he knows that's always his job.  The same goes for the car litter.  Not that this comes without nagging, but it's his job.  Ever since I got pregnant and the best news ever came that pregnant women aren't supposed to change litter boxes, he took over every time.  

5.  Get a litter genie. Speaking of litter boxes, I hate changing the litter box and thankfully have maybe done it once or twice in the last two years.  I was super excited to try out the Litter Genie system in hopes of it solving my problem of constantly nagging Chris to change it.  Both because maybe he'd be able to do it faster and maybe I wouldn't hate it as much and just do it myself. It's only been a week, but so far so good.   Doesn't he look thrilled? 

(Our laundry room isn't fancy one bit.  Maybe some day.)

Litter boxes are disgusting.  The smell is by far the worst part and our litter box is in the laundry room, in our basement, right next to the playroom where we spend a lot of time.  Often is just smells like cat pee no matter when we've changed it last.  The Litter Genie makes it easy to keep up with changing the litter box and takes care of the nasty odor.  There's a lid, and then a funnel at the top.  You open it up, pull out the handle, dump the clumps of litter inside and close it so it seals in the smells. 


This way you can just quickly clean out the litter box then empty the bag once it's full, which can last up to 14 days.  Our laundry room is quite small so this works perfect for little spaces.  

We spend a lot of time in our basement and now I can just go in our laundry room take a few scoops out, put them in the Litter Genie and done.

Now I just have to teach Addilyn how to do it!  


I was checking out the Litter Genie website and found a $5 off coupon for the Litter Genie, and when you buy any two Litter Genie or Fancy Feast products at Target, you get a free Cat Toy or Friskies party mix cat treat. (Offer available 2/15/15 - 4/11/15 while supplies last.) I purchased the Litter Genie itself (for only $10 after the coupon) and then a refill pack.  I got a toy with Catnip in it for free and Biscuits loved it and Addilyn thought it was hilarious watching her play with it! 


3 comments:

Veronica and Daniel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm so easily annoied as well - so these are things I am going to try TODAY :) well, not the last one, because we don't have a cat ;) but all the other tips totally apply!

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Usually when I'm annoyed, I realize it's all in my head. Chris does some annoying things, but they are all habit or normal to him and I know I can't change them. So usually I silently stew and am then over it the next day!

PolkaDottyPlace said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Guilty... I like things a certain way and can easily start nagging my hubby about things that really don't matter. I know that I sit around wondering if he's going to pick up something or take out the trash, when I could just do it myself. I should do that more often instead of worry about the chores he's doing around the house. Thanks for this bit of truth :) Cute cat - I'm going to have to check out this new kitty system