. . . for Lauren and Lauren: A monkey and a banana

November 6, 2016

A monkey and a banana


This year's Halloween was perfect.  Sunday afternoon we went to our town's main street trick or treating.  The kids could go in and out of the stores and they had lots of other activities for them to do.  It was quite crowded and Addi was just happy to collect some candy and go in the jump house.  The weather was absolutely perfect! We've been so lucky with a warmer fall and have loved all the extra time outside.  


Addi got this mummy sucker and kept telling me she was eating "a mommy."  Monday the weather was just as perfect and we had such a great evening.  We go trick or treating in my in-laws neighborhood, and my sister's family and my parents come too.  We go to a handful of houses, then have dinner and hang out.  The kids, and adults, eat way to much candy and take way to many pictures.  And it's just the way I like it.


I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of smiling, cooperative pictures I got out of Addilyn. She literally was so happy both of these days.  Pretty sure Halloween will forever stay her favorite holiday as it involves a crazy amount of sweets, which is pretty much the way to her heart.  

We've had our fair share of holidays that don't go as planned, thanks to sick kids or some other reason, and I've learned to not hold them with too high expectations.  But this one, was as good as I could have hoped, and I'm so thankful for these memories and traditions with my sweet family! 


Image Map

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

So CUTE! I love it!

J and A said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

They are the cutest Katie!! I LOVE the coordinating costumes!!