. . . for Lauren and Lauren: I know what you're thinking

June 30, 2013

I know what you're thinking

 
tee: old navy    skirt: tjmaxx  necklace: curated by Kelly

Oh look, another maxi skirt and tee.  This is getting old.  

and yes I am thinking the same thing.  But I am running out of options.  I've thought about not posting outfits much since it is getting to be the same thing, but realize that posting outfits on my blog is probably one of the top motivation these days for getting dressed.  

If it weren't for that I'd only be wearing my boxer shorts and same tank top like I do most days.  And my tank top would be pulled high above my belly because I hate things touching my stomach these days.  Let's just say it's not a pretty sight.  


I am however incredibly thankful for accessories.  If it weren't for them I'd start to get even more bored with my outfit.  This is my new favorite necklace from Kelly.  I've wanted one like this for awhile and am so glad I waited until I got this one.  If you haven't checked out her shop you need to do  it.  She has so many beautiful pieces and they are not expensive either!  Win, win! :)  

Another thing that I'm thankful for is funny, cute and personable bloggers like Kaylin.  I'm happy she's back on my blog today to share with you 5 things that are better in summer.  I could easily come up with a list of 20 right away and they would include watermelon, dresses and walks.  


Sometimes you just need to be one with your outfit, if you know what I mean,
so insert awesome leopard impersonation here.....

Clearly, I nailed it.
I'm Kaylin, and I blog here at Stay  Blonde, Ski Local, or SBSL for short.  You'll hear tons about my new niece, my online shopping addiction, I'll even talk about weight gain, how I feel about blogging, and I'll confess a few personal things while I am at it as well.

I started reading Katie's blog the day I started blogging, which coincidentally was the day I started reading blogs. I immediately feel in love with her relate-ability, kind character, and adorable (and affordable) style!!!

Katie loves summer, but honestly who doesn't???
Summer is exponenially better than most all seasons, 
except maybe winter for the skiing, but for now we'll just agree it's better.
 So here are five things that are better in summer.

1.  Reading-
 sure curling up by the fire and reading sounds fun, but I usually end up falling asleep. Give me a lounge chair by the pool or lake, and a book, and it's like I blink and I've finished the book.  I love it. Super relaxing, and getting a tan while doing it. It's simply called multitasking.

2. Going to the Movies- 
Let's not pretend like the movies are 'enjoyable' in winter.  Who wants a cherry slurpee when it's raining outside? Also why must theatres run the air conditioners year round. Lay off the AC in the winter Signature Six, it's just no necessary. But when it's triple digit heat, going to the movies is AMAZING.  Plus don't all the good movies come out during summer anyways?

3. Walks- 
I love walking Zoey, try to do it every day. Though when it's cold, and I can see my breath (it doesn't even snow where I live, and overall we have mild temperatures, you Mid-Westerners are hating me right now) it's hard to find motivation to get out there and walk.  Summer is always more fun, there are more people out, everyone is happy, and you don't have to wear rain boots or a parka.

4. Dinner Dates-
 Need I say more. When the waitress asks, 'inside or outside', it's a no brainer, outside. 
In winter it's not an option. I LOVE sitting outside.

5. Road Trips-
 Traveling someplace by car isn't always fun, but when you can have your windows down, and awesome upbeat 'sing along songs', eight hours feels more like two and just like that you are at your destination, no worse for the wear.
Stop by SBSL sometime, I'd love to have you.
Also get out there and enjoy summer, it won't last forever.


Thank you Kaylin!  You know that I am much happier in the summer too! 

Photobucket


34 comments:

Simply LKJ said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Hang in there girlfriend...you are in the home stretch. And, what is wrong with maxis and tees everyday? LOL

Chrissy + Nate said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Maxis and tees are a wonderful thing! Don't ever apologize for that outfit ;) Have a good week!

Helene said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

girl you can wear whatever you want and rock it!!! and I LOVEEE kaylin!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Oh, I'm totally in the same uniform right now. Isn't it weird how sensitive your belly is right now? I live in my hubby's clothes most days, and dread OB appointment days (when I actually have to get dressed).

joy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a cute outfit! I love how you add the statement necklace to it :)

joy said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Such a cute outfit! I love how you add the statement necklace to it :)

Carly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Keep posting, I think you look great!!!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Savanna said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I think you are awesome for still getting dressed every day. Maxi are like the dressy version of yoga pants so you can't go wrong with them.

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

super comfy AND stylish :)
you look fantastic

Kristin said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I give you so much credit for still looking cute! Hang in there!

Tiffany said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Ha! That's what you should post a picture of. The tank and boxer shorts. =) I'm not even pregnant and I'm pretty sure after my 30 for 30, I'm going to spend an entire week and a tank and pj shorts, so... ;)

And yes, summer is the BEST! =)

Megan said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Haha, I promise I wasn't thinking that! It's a great combo, so it doesn't get old :) And that necklace is gorgeous!

Ginny said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I'm with you on motivation for summer dress, if you're not going nowhere it's a little hard to make yourself look nice. Love this green on you :)
Ginny

Annie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I still love seeing your outfits even if they are maxis :) Love the green tee with that necklace...so pretty!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Classy in The Classroom said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look fabulous in maxi everything and it's one of the most popular trends this summer. Even though you are getting sick of them you are still rocking them girl! Love that necklace a lot!!!!! So pretty!!!

TheTinyHeart said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

That necklace is so gorgeous! I think you look cute AND comfy :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Always Maylee said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look adorable in a tee and maxi skirt so keep on wearing them! You are soo close!!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Allison said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Never apologize for your outfits. You look adorable and I really am impressed that you are still getting dressed in the mornings. Haha. I hope I can still be inspired to be cute when I'm pregnant. :)

Kelly said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You both have such cute styles!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Why Girls Are Weird said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You're getting there lady! And you look beautiful.


Come enter my Riffraff Clothing giveaway and win a $30 credit for pretty clothes!

Val said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are so close and you look incredible.

Kathleen said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Who DO they run the AC at the movies in the winter?

Angie said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I don't think I even got out of my pajamas after 25 weeks! You should be proud that your still getting dressed everyday :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You look AMAZING!!! I love both of these looks! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

nancy @ adore to adorn said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

such a cute post!! =D
xo,
nancy

http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

Sandy a la Mode said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

you look amazing girl!! hang in there!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Bri said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

What I was actually thinking was, "YAY! Another cute maxi outfit!" hahaha.. a woman can never have too many in my opinion. And I loooooove me some Kaylin! She is one of the best blogger friends to have :)

Autumn said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I LOVE summer, too! Summer Autumn sounds kind of funny, though! Hehe...

Unknown said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Amazing post, dear! Very inspiring:)

bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

Denise said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Enjoy your upcoming week.

Because Shanna Said So said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

You are almost there!!! And I say you are a rock star with the maxis, tees and accessories!! Adorable!!

Desiree Macke said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I can totally relate to wearing (or not wearing) "regular" clothes. The last few weeks of pregnancy I was in mesh shorts (with little to no elastic), and pulled them way up over my belly, and I wore only my hubby's t-shirts. :)
You're close. Hang in there momma!!

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Thanks for introducing me to another awesome blogger! I kept laughing at her answers and will be heading over to her blog now!

PS: I would be totally fine with wearing a tee and maxi skirt every single day but I'm not pregnant so I have no excuse... :)

Lauren
Exploring My Style
GIVEAWAY!

Rachel said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Summer is definitely my favorite--I love eating outside, even at home. We've had quite a rainy summer so far, though.

Katie, it won't be long now!!