. . . for Lauren and Lauren: Give a Shot, Get a Shot

August 10, 2014

Give a Shot, Get a Shot

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

#GiveaShot #CollectiveBias

While Addilyn is not yet school age and not in need of back to school immunizations, I am aware at how much I dread taking her for her doctor visits that involve shots.  When I read about Walgreens new Get a Shot, Give a Shot campaign I was happy to participate in spreading the word as I love how it is making the whole process of getting your kids their shots quick, affordable and you get to help someone in need. 

1 in 5 children around the globe lack access to life saving immunizations. When your child (age 7 and up) gets their school immunizations, like whooping cough or meningitis at Walgreens, they will help provide a life saving vaccine to a child in another country through the United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life Campaign.  


Being a teacher I know the importance of having a classful of healthy kids that are ready to start a new year. I also think we take for granted how easy it is to get back to school supplies, new clothes and even up to date medical appointments and medicines.  I think of all the kids that have been in my class, and think if each one got their vaccines shots at Walgreens, how many kids could be helped that wouldn't otherwise have this need met.  I think that explaining this to your kids may help them be a little more brave and feel proud that they were helping someone else!

Plus with a Walgreens at just about every corner by me, it wouldn't be hard to find one.  You don't need an appointment, they take most insurance plans, and will report back to your physician.


Unfortunately I think a lot of people would agree that it's hard to find time, money and energy to give back to others.  I wish this wasn't true for myself, but it's too easy to get wrapped up in your own world and while I often have good intentions and want to help it's rarely executed.  I love campaigns like this that let you make a difference without much work on your part!


Image Map


2 comments:

two birds said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

I love that companies are starting to do things like this! I really hope they make a difference!

Margie P. said... Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Templates

Thank you for helping to spread this important message #client